The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3,912 results
All reviewsthe cottagesterrace restaurantsamphire restaurantcourtyard roomstorm watchingfistral viewmain restaurantfour poster bedhotel facilitiesbeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelself cateringrelaxation roomstunning viewscream teaamazing locationsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed in one of the lovely cottages for 5 days in February 2014. The cottages are clean spacious, very well equipped, comfortable, cosy and really fantastic. My husband and I felt we could live there - perfect location, could hear the waves and look from bedroom and living room windows to see spectacular views of the ocean. The Hotel itself was lovely (have been before) food at breakfast and the one evening meal we had was lovely too, great service. We did look around the village (where the cottages are) and felt that not all would have such a great view as we did but would not stop us renting one again. These cottages are not cheap and a good job too as you cetainly get what you pay for. I cannot rate these places highly enough you would have to stay there to believe how lovely they are. The beach and lots of great walks all on hand. A true peace of heaven.

Room Tip: The lifeboat cottages have brilliant views.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Our 5* cottages were awarded 2013/14: Gold for Self-Catering Establishment of the Year and we are actually short-listed for the national awards to be held in May 2014. I look forward to seeing you both again soon for another relaxing visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many 5 star hotels and have been at the headland many times, but have never written a review, even though the hotel, staff and service has been second to none. This time I felt compelled to write as over the last couple of days we have been looked after so well it was incredible. From being checked in by Sarah a very professional, funny and sweet lady to the lovely Jude who looked after our room. All the staff here are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble. The hotel with its new spa has always been fantastic, but we think the staff are what makes this our favourite hotel. We will definitely keep coming back. Thank you headland team for another incredible stay.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mucker1111

Thank you for such a lovely review and for returning once again to The Headland. It’s always nice to hear that you felt welcomed, Sarah and Jude will be delighted with your feedback. I am looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Having been let down by Expedia we did a quick search and came up with this hotel - we stayed there over 20 years ago and what a difference. It is a whole star grade better - spa facilities were excellent, staff were brilliant - always friendly and helpful. Sadly we only had two days but had such a good time we are returning.
We had wonderful food, though a pity the casual restaurant got the order wrong for my food so ended up having a separate meal from the wife, though they did have a small 10% price compensation, for free would have been better! Staff were really good with this difficult situation and full marks to the waiter.
Room was nice and clean, and all guest lounges were spacious and tidy. Bar area was well styled and comfortable.
We left relaxed and what more can you ask for on a short break.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am glad that you had a relaxing stay and it's lovely to hear that you will be returning to The Headland. We are very proud of our '5 bubble' rated Spa, I am delighted you had a chance to use the facilities as they are perfect for a relaxing break! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was the 4th time at the Headland and once again they did not disappoint . We were upgraded to a fabulous room on arrival which was nice . The room had a four poster bed and fabulous balcony looking out to sea . The staff in my opinion are their greatest asset . They could not do enough for us to make our weekend special . The evening meal was top notch as always and the breakfast was as good as it gets . Really looking forward to visiting again early summer . If you want a relaxing break/holiday , give the Headland a try .

1  Thank Kenny B

Thank you for returning to The Headland, I am glad you have enjoyed another stay here. I will pass your kind comments to our staff, including your delightful comments about our Restaurant. I look forward to seeing you both again in the Summer.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I cannot sing this hotel's praises enough, this was mainly down to the staff. They were so helpful, attentive and happy...all the time! We had such a lovely stay, thank you very much.
The room was very tidy and clean. The spa was lovely, and a perfect place to relax in the evenings. The gym is very well kitted out.
I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in a courtyard which was nice, but we had friends with a seaside view which was incredible!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank emlec88
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review! Our staff really do work hard and will be delighted with your comments, I will ensure that this feedback is passed onto all of the teams. I look forward to seeing you again soon for another relaxing stay.