The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$78
$79
$70
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$80
$63
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$117
$114
Hotels.com
3,975 results
All reviewsthe cottagesterrace restaurantsamphire restaurantcourtyard roomstorm watchingfistral viewmain restaurantfour poster bedhotel facilitiesbeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelself cateringrelaxation roomstunning viewscream teaamazing locationsteam room
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I'd popped into the Headland hotel very briefly a couple of years ago for something connected with my work so when I was entertaining my sister, brother-in-law and their 16-month old son between Christmas and New Year and we'd found many places to have lunch on the N. Cornwall coast full I suddenly remembered that the Headland hotel seemed nice.

This place sets the standard for warm welcome, relaxing spaces, stylish but beautiful decor, family-friendliness, efficient but unobtrusive service and great dining. We had lunch in the terrace conservatory (but were given the option of sitting in the lounge areas if we preferred) and very soon had the dilemma of what to choose from the varied and tempting menu. Our waiter (Archie) was brilliant - he made a friend instantly in my nephew (the biscuit he gave him helped a bit!). It's a tough call between leaving people alone and giving them some humour but this chap let his character show and it's such a refreshing change to see (compared to the usual 'Enjoy...' we often get at generic hotels / restaurants). Other staff we spoke to and saw were equally great.

We all enjoyed our food, which was not only tasty and inspiring but also great value for money. Walking back through the lounge area to leave we again admired the way families were able to enjoy themselves - and dogs were welcome too which is lovely.

So it was no surprise that despite living in Cornwall (and often having guests to stay) we all found ourselves taking back brochures with the idea of staying at the hotel in the future.

If you've got any character and love good quality, unfussy things in life and a stunning view of the sea then this is a hotel for you - whether you're a retired couple, newly-weds or a family.

Well done to team Headland - don't change a thing and we'll be staying with you with friends / relatives / dogs etc in the future!

1  Thank JonODonoghue
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It truly is great to hear feedback about our staff and the Terrace Restaurant, your kind comments have been passed on to the relevant people who were delighted you had taken the time to mention them. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We visited for our 5th wedding Anniversary on a travelzoo deal. 2 nights bed and breakfast with dinner one night for £209.

Wonderful welcome by staff who showed us around and took luggage to room.
Anniversary card in room. Room with a fabulous sea view. Beds extremely comfortable. High quality finish.
Breakfast was Devine using local produce. All of high quality.
Very modern spa, shame they had no appointments left for treatments! We would definitely have utilised this. Pool small but all the same beautiful, sauna, steam room, aromatherapy showers, jacuzzi. Lovely staff!

Evening meal was three courses of wonderful dishes.
My hubby chose smoked salmon and crab to start- it was beautiful. He had a fillet steak with truffle mash for a supplement of £6, with every penny. Sticky toffee pudding for desert.
I chose pig cheeks, cod fillet and cheese & biscuits.
Coffee was also complementary. Good wine list.

We will definitely visit this beautiful hotel in a fabulous location again with or without a deal!

• Stayed: January 2014
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

What a fantastic review, so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary here at The Headland. I apologise that you were unable to book a Spa treatment. When you return, I would advise booking a treatment in advance as they are very popular. It would be lovely to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

First visit to The Headland. Wonderful time and left very refreshed! Staff were friendly, cheerful, and helpful, and attentive without being intrusive. Room was clean and comfortable with a great bathroom. Food for all meals was fine, with a good range on the menus; afternoon tea is a treat! My wife had a "best ever" facial treatment in the Spa, which was well equipped. Location is great, whether for walks or for just watching the sea. A really good family "feel" to the hotel and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimS1955

Your review really does make a wonderful read, thank you for making the effort to review The Headland. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your break and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. It is always a pleasure to hear from guests who truly appreciate them. The staff in the Spa will be delighted with your wife’s comments regarding her treatment. I look forward to seeing both you and your wife soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I work within the hospitality industry myself and visited The Headland this New Years for 5 nights with my family. I must say I was extremely impressed with the standard of the hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the overall experience we had there. We stayed in one of the cottages which was FANTASTIC. On New Years Eve, the owners of the hotel were walking around chatting to the guests which is a rare and a very nice touch. We had two dogs with us, and the hotel were so dog friendly, it was just a perfect fit for our family.

The staff were lovely, with the exception of a couple of gentlemen who always worked on the bar and they came across rather arrogant and at times rude. They were the only ones who were like this so luckily did not let the hotel down too much.

I rarely write such reviews however felt I really wanted to write this for the Headland as we all had such an amazing stay and will most definitely be returning!!

Room Tip: Self catering cottages were absolutely fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I’m so pleased you had a fantastic time; it’s great to have a review from someone within the industry. Our cottages are truly stunning providing guests with a ‘home from home’ feel whilst also having the facilities of the hotel available for use on your doorstep. I am glad that you brought your dogs with you to make your visit extra special. I wish you best wishes for the coming year.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Just got back from a short break at The Headland Hotel.
The attraction for us is the comfort and location of this hotel .
Friendly staff good choice of breakfast although evening meals can be a little fussy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

It is lovely to receive your feedback. I am delighted that you thought our staff were friendly at The Headland, it is certainly our focus to achieve a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all our guests. I look forward to seeing you again soon.