The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$78
$79
$70
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$80
$63
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$117
$114
Hotels.com
3,975 results
All reviewsthe cottagesterrace restaurantsamphire restaurantcourtyard roomstorm watchingfistral viewmain restaurantfour poster bedhotel facilitiesbeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelself cateringrelaxation roomstunning viewscream teaamazing locationsteam room
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel, very welcoming, clean and very dog friendly (we received dog blankets, treats and food on arrival!) Polite, friendly and helpful staff and the food was lovely.We really enjoyed using the pool and spa facilities and we left feeling very relaxed and we will definitely be returning! The best trip we've had to Newquay! Thank you to all the staff who made our visit so enjoyable

• Stayed: April 2013
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear you had such a relaxing break, it is always our aim to provide such a retreat for our guests and it is our pleasure to have been able to give this to you both. We are very keen on dogs here and think it is only right that they are also made to feel at home and treated as well! I will certainly pass your thanks on to the staff. We are very fortunate to have such a fantastic group of people working here who really do pay attention to detail in order to ensure you have the holiday you deserve. Our Wellness Area will be even more enticing soon as we are adding a new Spa and state of the art Gym. I hope that you will join us again at The Headland for more enjoyable times ahead

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I paid around £180 for one night in a large corner room with a four poster bed with a huge settee and a couple of other chairs arranged around a coffee table and a spacious bathroom. The views from the bedroom were superb and all of the staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I I didn't have time to try the leisure facilities. Both dinner and breakfast were good. I'm now trying to find an occasion to return!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Well I think I may be able to find that occasion for you – our Wellness Area will soon be including a luxurious spa and gym, complete with a robed sea view lounge. This will be open in the summer and is, I think, a very good reason to return! I’d like to thank you for reviewing the Hotel, our location is something that many others envy and I am glad you took full advantage by booking into one of our sea view suites. The food we serve is always fresh and local to ensure the highest quality. We have a fantastic team in the kitchen who are delighted to read your comments regarding their food. I hope that you will be one of the first to book yourself into our new spa in the summer and we will look forward to seeing you again. With best wishes from all at The Headland.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Im so glad we chose to stop here. Newquay itself is now so shabby and spoilt I would say its a place to avoid if it wasn't for this gem of a hotel. Rooms are a little old but are a great size and with a restaurant serving
Lobster Thermidor every night you just cant go wrong. Perfectly positioned for walks across the beach and along the coast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Newquay itself is a lovely old fishing town, which still has the original working harbour and the town is set across two headlands which give the most spectacular view over the Atlantic ocean. There are a few areas in the town which are due for regeneration and this work is already in place so I’m sure that on your next visit you will see some noticeable changes. I am so pleased to read your thoughts about the hotel and the food we serve too. It is only right that serve lobster here, it is fresh from the ocean which is just on our doorstep so it really is as fresh as can be. I hope that you will return to the Headland to sample more of our delicious dishes and enjoy the scenery. With best wishes from The Headland team.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The headland is not cheap, BUT it is a lovely lovely place situated in one of the best positions in Cornwall. The rooms are good size, spotlessly clean and with everything you could want including a box of Cornish Fudge. The staff are superb, the public areas are large and spacious. You start to relax the minute you arrive. Within walking distance of Newquay and adjacent to Fistral Beach it is hard to beat. Food lovely, one little thing. I think the Terrace menu is too limited. We ate there due to the fact we were with 3 small grandchildren (they love children) and I admit they did have a specials board, but when we were there only a couple of dishes, but basically it was steak and burgers. Headland why not include the very extensive Room Service menu to the Terrace menu? Trust me it would make a lot of people very happy, and that to my mind is just the only thing to change. I LOVE IT.

Room Tip: Obviously the sea views are good, but we have slept in several and all are lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very pleased to read how well you were welcomed and your thoughts on our staff and decoration. I appreciate your comments regarding The Terrace menu. At present we have a smaller menu due to us still being in low season. I am grateful for your feedback and shall certainly have a discussion with our food and beverage manager with regards to your suggestion of applying the room service menu to The Terrace menu. In the meantime, I certainly hope you and your family will join us again, perhaps in the summer when the children can make use of the outdoor pool or run down to the beach for a day in the surf. With best wishes from The Headland team.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night on 2nd March.

We had originally gone to Looe for a weekend of walking but the hotel we had stayed in was dyer and the staff were rude (including the manager) - this hotel being the Rivercroft Hotel, Looe.

On the saturday morning I decided that I didn't want to stay another night and remembered having the most wonderful lunch at the Headland last April when we were in the area (home made cod and chips.. it was amazing) and rang up on the off chance they had any rooms for that night. They did and I am so glad we went. The man that arranged the booking for us was named Tom and he was very helpful and polite.

We stayed in a Fistral View Double room and it was beautiful. The en suite was huge, heated floor, gigantic shower, lovely bath. Best of all the view over Fistral Beach was to die for.
The bed was very comfy and big!

The staff were amazingly friendly and when we checked in we were shown to our room by a very polite young lady.

We had breakfast the next morning which was lovely, I would say standard continental/buffet breakfast but it was cooked so much nicer than "standard" and there was a very helpful and polite South African chap who seated us at our table and got me a pot of (delicious) coffee.

All in all it was a lovely stay. Going back next week (1st May) to stay for a few days in one of their holiday cottages which I know will be lovely.

I couldn't recommend this hotel more. And it's family run and not a chain.. which I think you can tell from the way it is run! Fabulous!

Room Tip: Fistral View room was lovely, nice big windows looking out over Fistral Beach. Ocean view looked just as nice though!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aimee G

Thank you for your review and may I say how pleased we are that we were able to give you the holiday you were hoping for when you booked to stay in Cornwall. I am delighted to hear that your holiday took a much needed u turn from the previous hotel you were staying in. We are a indeed a family run hotel and all our staff - although not related, are a family here. Everyone really does work hard to ensure that every requirement is catered for and our guests are truly happy with their stay. It will certainly be lovely to welcome you both back this time to the cottages. They are a wonderful home away from home and have the all-important sea view too! I have ensured that our staff are all aware of your review, I would like to thank you firstly for choosing us and secondly for writing such a wonderfully complimentary review of the Headland.