“very lucky to win 2 nights at this hotel..dinner bed and breakfast.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

and 1 more site!
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Bewdley, United Kingdom
“very lucky to win 2 nights at this hotel..dinner bed and breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

lovely hotel in just the best location just above fistral beach and set on headland.gracious old hotel.service excellent.staff friendly and helpful..the food we enjoyed in both terrace and restaurant excellent.just the most relaxing haven.also love the cottages...beautifullyarranged for all your needs.thank you to the headland .

Room Tip: ocean and fistral view rooms good.
1 Thank victoria r
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
And thank you for such a wonderful review of our Hotel and Cottages! I am so pleased to read your comments. I have ensured that the Restaurant and Terrace staff are all aware of your feelings regarding your dining experience. I am especially pleased to read how relaxing you found both the Hotel and Cottages. We like to make sure our guests feel as comfortable as possible and also add a little touch of luxury as well. I hope you will return to the Headland soon for another relaxing break.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Greek first
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

You will not be disappointed, wether you stay at the hotel or in the cottages. Staff are extremely warm and friendly nothing is too much trouble.the accommodation is wonderful as well as the spa , what can I say , book a few days to revitalise yourself.

Room Tip: Sea view's are amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Diana L
Thank you very much for writing such a lovely review of our Hotel. I have passed your very kind comments on to our staff who are delighted to have such positive feedback. Our spa is really wonderful and you are right in saying it is the perfect place to revitalise yourself. A lot of our guests say they feel the weight lifting from them as soon as they arrive and that truly is our aim. I hope you will be joining us again at the Headland and we shall look forward to seeing you again.
Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The headland is in a perfect location, with amazing views. Sadly my son has grown out od Cornwall.....so he says!
I would spend all my holidays in this amazing location.
Rooms. lovely, & food & drink ..just perfect.
I would highly recommendthis place if you are going with the hotel option.
I will definatey be back!

Room Tip: Sea view rooms where possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LisaPDorset
Thank you for your kind review of our Hotel. I agree we do have the perfect location and we are so thrilled to hear our guests comments when they have enjoyed their stay so much. I would imagine your son only thinks he has grown out of Cornwall but I am almost certain that the beautiful vast beaches, stunning sunsets and the roar of the ocean will soon entice him back! In the meantime we will be very pleased to welcome you back to Headland to see the Atlantic Ocean in all it’s glory straight from your bedroom window.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in the cottages adjacent to the hotel for two short spells before and after Easter. The defining feature of the hotel is its location, directly overlooking Fistral Beach and the Towan Headland. We stayed there during a cold blustery spell and the location seemed particularly special in those circumstances. The cottages are well appointed and both of ours had a sea view. There is a limited housekeeping service, so although you self cater food-wise, someone comes and makes your bed every day! The porter service was good with someone bringing our luggage to the cottage even though we arrived at 10pm. Overall we had a great stay and would recommend this place and we particularly liked having a cottage to ourselves but the amenities of the hotel within close reach. A couple of things to watch though - the hotel is undergoing some major building work at the moment and the rear of the building is covered in scaffolding. We didn't notice it much (or hear it) in the cottages but in the main hotel it probably would be been distracting. Secondly, the hotel is particularly welcoming of dogs, as other reviewers have noted. This is great if you are a dog owner but not so brilliant if you don't like dogs or are allergic to them - they really are everywhere all over the hotel and you do have to watch out for dog mess on the pathways. But overall, a great place.

Room Tip: Seaspray 2 cottage had a great sea view.
1 Thank Susan8552
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I would like to thank you for reviewing the Headland. I have to say I am a little disappointed to hear that you saw some dog’s mess on the pathway. I can assure you that each guest who brings a dog with them are given bags to clean their dogs mess up and we have specific bins around the grounds. It is so unfortunate that you have experienced this and I can only apologise on behalf of the Hotel as we understand that some dog owners do not take the responsibility we clearly state they must upon booking. Our grounds man does regular sweeps of the hotel and cottage grounds and will always clear any mess if found, it seems you happened upon it before we had a chance to clear this up. I would say also, that should this ever happen we are more than happy for guests to tell us so we can rectify this situation as soon as possible.
With regards to the building work, we are carrying out essential maintenance works and are letting each guest that books a room or cottage information so they are aware. There is also information on our website regarding this matter.
Again I would like to thank you for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Headland. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful location and I am pleased to hear that you felt it was still special even if the weather was less than perfect. We are hoping of course for a lovely hot summer and I hope that you will join us over the high season to enjoy long walks along the beach with the warm sand between your toes!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Hotel is beautiful set right on the coast you can see the sea and beach all around you. The room was nice and comfortable we had the family suite so was nothing fancy but all you coudl possibly need. The pool area downstairs was amazing so quite me and my partner had the area to oursleves for a hour the pool, sauna and steam room were brilliant we went there everyday we stayed because it was just so relaxing. We had dinner at the hotel every night as the food was amazing i had a trio of pork which was fabulous the wine was expensive at £9.50 for a large glass and the staff didnt give us the side vegatable we ordered but we were compensated with a dessert wine which again was great. The service was very good. Woudl go back again 100%. Recommended highly to everyone we know.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Amy-Jayne36
Thank you very much for your review of the Headland. I am delighted to read your thoughts and feelings about the hotel. It really is lovely place to relax and rejuvenate, the Wellness Area was designed to do just that and I am sure you will be pleased to hear that we are planning a brand new Spa and Gym facility so relaxation can last the whole day through!
Thank you for bringing to our attention that you were not given the side dish you ordered for one of your meals. I am pleased that the matter was dealt with promptly and that you were duly compensated.
We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Headland very soon.
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked a family stay during the easter break and even though we arrived late for check in, we were welcomed very warmly and the room was ready for us to hit the sack. Having a 1.5 yr old girl travelling with us, we frequently required the baby bottles washed and the hotel staff didnt disappoint. Every request of ours was catered to without any fuss and was promptly fulfilled.

We were spoilt for choice at breakfast, it was wonderful and the staff were very helpful. We had dinner only once in our room and don't have any complaints. Towels etc were provided and the bathroom accessories were frequently replaced. Bottles of still and sparkling water were always available, so were the tea and coffee making facilities in the room.

The Coastal View family room was spacious for us (family of four). The view was spectacular from the room and we could also keep an eye on our car in the exclusive car park in front of the hotel. We were also able to get an exclusive view of the sunset from behind the hotel and the view of the restaurant was no less spectacular.

Had a nice walk down the coastal path from the hotel to the Fistral beach (the Hotel is just 5 mins walk from the beach) and enjoyed the views.

All in all, I would gladly choose this hotel over any other hotel in Newquay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AVeee
I must say I am forced to agree with you! The views from the Hotel are spectacular and are something many people really don’t expect from a UK holiday. It is very nice to read how you felt you were catered for at all times, our staff do like to make people feel welcome from the moment they arrive to ensure you enjoy every second of your holiday experience. Our breakfasts are a real morning feast, guaranteed to cater for all tastes and designed to set everyone up for the day - weather they are relaxing in the pool or venturing out for a bracing cliff top walk.
We are planning a wonderful new spa and gym facility later this year which we are very excited about. So next time you visit you can take the little one for their first dip in the pool or if you are brave enough – their first dip in the Atlantic Ocean! We certainly hope to see you all again soon at the Headland.
Salisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in one of the 2 bedroom cottages in March with our 18 month old westie. We had enjoyed a stay in the hotel in October 2011 and fell in love with the place. We picked one of the cottages this time as now that we have a dog, it made more sense to have some outside space. We didn’t feel at any time that we missed out by not staying in the hotel. The cottage was fantastic. The bedrooms were as luxurious as the hotel, and the living area extremely comfortable. There has been so much thought that has gone into the design of the cottages. The décor was lovely and it felt like it was our space, not as if you were staying in somebody’s house. Every single item has been carefully selected and is of high quality (with only the exception of the hairdryer which was not as powerful as I am used to but perfectly adequate for a few days). The kitchen was equipped with everything you could possibly need and all of the appliances were what you’d have at home – nothing cheap and cheerful. I was pleased to have a decent oven as I love to cook and a dishwasher to save us from washing up.
We ordered one of the boxes from the Trevilley farm shop which I highly recommend. The produce was so good, we stopped at the shop on our way home to stock up on more of it. We had breakfast in the hotel one morning (as part of the stormwatching offer) and we couldn’t fault this either – delicious. I also made use of the wellness area of the hotel which was a really lovely place to unwind. I hope to be able to come back when the spa is open, as if it is anything like the rest of the hotel, it will be fabulous.
It is clear from the attention to detail and personal touches that this is a brilliantly run family business. The staff always go above and beyond to make sure you have a wonderful stay, and I think they would be genuinely upset if you didn’t. I have stayed in several ‘chain’ hotels who have not seemed bothered in the slightest whether I had a good time or not.
I highly recommend staying at the Headland – either in the hotel or the cottages. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Room Tip: Always go for the sea views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hc1982
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
It is really kind of you to speak so highly of us and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences for others who visit this site.
As we are a family run hotel we do believe that we can give a great, personal sense of customer care to all who visit the Headland. It really does make us even more proud when we have such lovely reviews from guests who have noticed the difference compared to a chain hotel.
The cottages are indeed a home away from home with a little added luxury and the all-important sea views! Our guests who travel with their dogs are in agreement that the cottages are a great place for them to stay and have a run around in the outside space. The beach is also just a stone’s throw away too to make that early morning walk a bit more special.
We are all very excited to unveil the new spa and gym facility that opens later this year. It will be a lovely place to relax and add an extra element for our guests too.
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again to the Headland.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 6 in Truro
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!