Review Highlights

Great treatments!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Reviewed August 9, 2019
Lucy T

Recommended experiences in and around Newquay
Surf lesson
415 Reviews
from $45.06
from $45.06
from $54.72
from $360.51
More Info
All reviews relaxation room full body massage robes and slippers professional therapists neck and shoulder massage treatment rooms steam room pool area amazing massage relaxation area sea view lovely hotel birthday treat fistral bay staff were lovely value for money couldn't fault
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited for a birthday treat, the spa was absolutely fabulous with detailed planning and total organisation by the therapists and a wonderful treatment by clearly experienced staff.
We were also booked in for their ‘award winning’ cream tea - award winning it was not at a normal price of £18pp I was horrified and what was delivered, the sandwiches were made with cheap hovis bread with only one side of the bread buttered, tasteless cakes & a big pot of tea with one single teabag floating around, we had to ask for cutlery to eat the jelly. As far as cream teas go I would avoid at all costs and I wouldn’t go back to eat, but I would book a spa again with no hesitation.

1  Thank PhayH75
FBHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fistral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear PhayH75,

Please do accept my apologies that you did not have a wonderful experience with your afternoon tea.
Please don't hesitate to contact me on my email- ask@newquay-hotels so that we can discuss your experience further.

Daniel Gunson
Guest Relations Manager
Fistral Beach Hotel & Spa

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

Get a sea view room and sit out having a cup of tea, or in the lounge watching life, waves and surfers is a nice way to spend your time.
The spa treatments were enjoyable and we would go back again.

Getting wet suites next!!
Parking in the hotel is tight careful!
We didn’t try the food however teas and drinks were good.

Date of experience: August 2019
FBHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fistral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear archieunger,

Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your treatments and the spectacular views from our Bay Bar. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2019

Great meet and greet and accommodating when a problem. Lockers were a pain as wouldn’t lock and had to carry bags etc up to 3rd floor where treatments were - the only annoying part of it really. Afternoon tea views were spectacular.

Date of experience: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
FBHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fistral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2019

Dear Lucy T,

We are so pleased you enjoyed your spa day with (especially our naughty but nice afternoon tea!).
I am sorry you had problems with our locker system and I shall have our maintenance team check them over. We hope you will find time to come and relax with us again.

Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

The spa within Fistral beach hotel is stunning. You get complimentary towels with robe and slippers. The changing rooms themselves are lovely and modern, the lockers are a code facility so no need to carry spare change and there are hairdryers and toiletries all complimentary. The facilities are great can not fault them at all, steam room was by far my favourite. There was also drinking facilities with cups which I always find great within a spa. The only recommendation I would make would be to possibly look at some type of loungers so that you can relax while in there. I would also recommend spa type music to play while in there as this helps to give the relaxing feel.

Date of experience: July 2019
FBHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Fistral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hi Kateg0992,

Thank you for your visit to Fistral Spa and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are so pleased that you were able to relax and unwind and enjoy our facilities. Thank you for your feedback regarding poolside loungers, this is something we will continually review and consider but understandably we are limited in space. We hope you will come visit us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed June 11, 2019

I would not consider this a spa, it is a hotel that has some rooms for massages and a pool with a sauna. All of the facilities are a bit out of date and low quality.

They also really messed up my reservation, gave what I booked to someone else, bumped me, and only notified me about this by email and hour before my reservation. It wasn't until I called and emailed to complain about this that they offered free lunch and an additional 30 min. service.

It was very kind for them to offer that, the lunch however was extremely slow service so I didn't have time to enjoy the pool and sauna.

Also, while I was laying in the sauna a facilities worker came and worked on the door, leaving it completely open, while others and myself were in there.

Would just say overall bizarre experience, horrible operations, and out of date facilities .. staff was VERY kind though and tried their best, it's just not a nice place.

FBHGuestRelations, Manager at Fistral Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Dear Cassandra S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback, We really do appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve the experiences we offer our guests. Please accept my apologies for your recent visit to Fistral Spa and if you would contact me personally on my email - spamanager@fistralbeachhotel.co.uk - I would love to discuss your visit in further detail.

Natasha