“Good food. Fantastic view.”

Maharajah Indian Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 249 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30 pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant is the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Friends brought us to this restaurant, having tried it numerous times before. I am so pleased that they did. We enjoyed a good Indian meal, teamed with a very friendly proprietor and unrivalled sea views. I would recommend anyone to eat here. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank lynn d
mfbSWEngland, Public relations at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Hi!

Thank you for your great reviews, we are happy you and your friends have chosen the Maharajah, it gives us great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed our food, the views and the warm hospitality that our host had the pleasure of offering. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Having lived in the "balti belt" this place is the best bar none. Extensive menu, expertly cooked, attentive staff and a great view. We have visited many times and have never been disappointed. Always our first choice. Make sure you book at busy times.

1  Thank CLARE R

Hi!

Wow! it gives us great pleasure to know that Maharajah is your first choice, we are very happy you loved our Indian cuisine, extensive menu and the service of our staff who strive to always exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again at Maharajah soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Four of us went here on a Wednesday and the place was really busy. The staff were all frendly and we did not have to wait to long for a table. We had great views from our table over looking the bay. The food came out well presented and hot. My wife and mother-in-law thought the foods was some of the best they have tasted in an Indian. I have had better but dont take that away from the fact that the food is good quality. Well worth a visit

1  Thank bloisie
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Indian cuisine is easily my favorite and Maharajah is one of my favorite restaurants. The decor is tasteful, modern and light with some of the best dining views in Newquay. Make sure you book as on weekends it can be very busy and the fact it is also popular in the week is no fluke. The service is always friendly without being over the top and the food is amazing. I'm guilty of nearly always choosing the Dopiaza when I go but I have worked my way through much of the menu and everything i've tried has been delicious. The Lassis are also amazing so make sure you try them.

1  Thank Lewis L
mfbSWEngland, Public relations at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2015

Hi!

Thank you for your review, it gives us great pleasure to know that Maharajah is one of your favourite restaurants. We are glad you enjoy the food, service and décor of our restaurant and I guess it is alright being guilty when it comes to choosing your favourite dish every time, we all do that! but we are also happy you managed to try most of the choices on our menu, we look forward to seeing you next time for more delicious dishes!

Reviewed June 8, 2014

It does not look much from the outside, but inside the restaurant is beautiful. The staff were attentive and the food was delicious. The portions were big, served beautifully and I was very pleased with the price considering everything.

2  Thank Azza_12