“VERY WARM PLACE”

Maharajah Indian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 244 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30 pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant is the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I been to NEWQUAY last month with my daughter, son in law and my grand daughter.
We has meals at NEW MAHARJAH RESTURANT and were very pleased with very warm
service and we left very much at home.

The restaurant is very pleasant and so are the staff.
As we are vegetarian the choice of vegetarian foods was excellent
I would recommend this place when you are next in NEWQUAY

1  Thank kirti k
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you and your family enjoyed their meal with us.

There are newer reviews for Maharajah Indian Restaurant

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Being from Leeds, always eating out within the city you can imagin the portion size and price of a meal from where I am from. We have a vast range of high end curry houses and extremely world famous ones at that, but in my opinion and being a great Indian food lover this was by far the best Indian I've ever had. My partner doesn't particularly eat This type of food either but he gave in as it was my birthday and we were in newquay for the night as we had been travelling around Cornwall for a long weekender celebrate, in which he has also said he would travel back down just to revisit this restraurant. The portion sizes are huge I described it to my family as "I received it in a pan." It's the only way I could think of to get my point across too them. The service was absolutely sepectacular they were so welcoming too, as we hadn't booked a table but they made room, even though they were busy. Our total visit for a starter each, two curry, and two drinks each one bing alcholic was around £45 all in all a great choice I would recommend this place to anyone!

Thank you for your great review and we are so pleased you enjoyed both your meal and your birthday. We hope to see you again when you are next in Cornwall.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Fabulous views ,clean but food not up to the standard of our local restaurant.Fish curry was very expensive which wasn't explained to us when we ordered.The rest of the meal was good and we will come again

mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Thank you for your review and I am sorry you were unhappy about the price of your fish curry. We always use fresh fish of the highest quality which has to be, unfortunately, reflected in the price. I am very pleased you enjoyed the meal and hope we will be able to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Wow, this has to be the best Indian food we have ever had, and believe me we have had loads!!!
We went to Newquay after just getting married :) so glad we decided to have a meal at this restaurant the staff made us feel very welcome whilst being mindful not to be to intrusive we also had a free complimentary drink called "the Cornish lust" :) we will be definitely be returning.

Congratulations on your marriage and very pleased that you were able to enjoy a celebration meal. We hope to see you when you are next in Cornwall.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Had a takeaway from here recently and was nowhere near as good as the last visit. Still ok, but seemed to have sunk down to the level of your normal run of the mill indian restaurant. Quick service but the love had gone.

1  Thank mobwort

Thank you for your review and I am sorry we did not live up to your expectations this time. We are only human but I can assure you the love has not gone! Our restaurant staff and chefs are passionate about the food they serve and are justifiably proud of the finished dishes. Please come and see us again and we will try and prove the love is still there!