“Suprise find in Newquay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maharajah Indian Restaurant

Maharajah Indian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30 pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant is the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Mountsorrel, England, United Kingdom
“Suprise find in Newquay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We have pretty high standards when it comes to Indian food so we did hunt around a bit before deciding to try the Maharajah in Newquay, a little trip out from our usual in Perranporth. We weren't disappointed at all. In a great location which would have lovely views in summer we visited in March so had to miss this aspect. Nice feel to the restaurant, lively but not noisy, friendly staff and interesting décor. Plenty of choice on the menu and staff that are informed and helpful. My son had his usual Chicken Korma which was excellent, I asked the waiter to recommend and ended up with King Prawn Authentic, never tried this before but it was good. Decent wine list and reasonable prices. We had a great family night, I'll definitely go back and try a few more dishes. Owner is from Leicester and believe me, they know their curries.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for your great review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

St.Tudy
“30 years of pure pleasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

As keen Indian cuisine fanatics our special family occasions have always happened at the Maharaja for the last 30 years. We have never been let down either in quality or service for all this time! The food is wonderful and the menu caters handsomely for vegetarians. I look forward with keen anticipation to the next 30 years as I have found this to be the best Indian restaurant in Cornwall.

Visited March 2014
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your great review. We too look forward to the next thirty years but hope we don't have to wait that long until we see you again~!!
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We live in st.austell and just called in on the off chance, such friendly staff, lovely and very funny owner/manager! Food was beautiful, good portions too, really can't wait to go back and will defiantly be recommending, just wish we had come before now!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely view....very hot curry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

Visited this place while working in Cornwall. Fantastic sea views over the cliffs with great food to match. The waiters were polite and knew there stuff when I asked for advice and recommendations. I opted for the Jalrfezi which I have to say was a lot hotter than usual ( I was Warned by the waiter ). It was so tasty with the Garlic rice and nan. A great restaurant which I would definitely visit again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and I am pleased you found our staff helpful and knowledgeable. I hope we will be able to welcome you again soon.
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Newquay's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We've eaten in several of Cornwall's Indian restaurants and this place easily beats all those in the Newquay area. Great views of the bay with friendly staff and owner. The last time I was there I went back to basics with a Chicken biryani with extra garlic in the rice. A really tasty version of the timeless classic which was not swimming gee like in most Indian restaurants these days.
You would hard pushed to find a similar quality curry without traveling to Truro.

A good night out for everyone in our group, we were never rushed and the service could really be faulted.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I hope however your comments about our service were a typing error - please let me know if not! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.