“Meal for two”

Maharajah Indian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 231 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30 pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant is the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
“Meal for two”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

A little disappointed the onion bhajis were dried overcooked flat pancakes with no hint of Onions and the meal was way too much
That we were overfaced.

Visited March 2013
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that your meal with us did not live up to your expectations. We have been making our onion bhajis the same way for over 35 years. I am very surprised that you could not taste the onions as we only use onions and gram flour - there are not other additives at all. Again my apologies that you felt over faced by the meal, perhaps I could suggest that in future you ask your waiter for small portions. I do hope you will come and eat with us again and that you will have a better experience next time.

Bodmin, United Kingdom
“Really Good and Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had a lovely meal last night. Having walked through Newquay in the freezing cold it was great to walk into a beautifully warm place. Service was excellent, as was the food and the atmosphere.
I couldn't eat all mine so they packed it up to take away. It was very reasonably priced too.Would definitely go there again.

• Visited March 2013
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit to us and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
UK
“best takeaway in newquay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Everything was first class - King Prawn Madras, Bombay Aloo, Naan, perfect rice.... blisss!
They deliver too!!!

Visited February 2013
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Great! Thank you. There really isn't any more that could be added. Looking forward to serving you again.
New Delhi, India
“Mustafa Eisa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was visiting The UK with my family after spending nearly 3 Weeks in Europe. And was naturally Home Sick and missing Indian Cuisine. To our delight we chanced upon Maharaja. Walking in and not knowing what to expect we were amazed with the stunning Views the restaurant had to offer. Our experience was further enhanced by the friendly staff and the authentic Indian food they served. My daughter to date says this is the best Indian meal she has ever eaten - and that includes the best restaurants in our country (India). I would definitely return to Newquay - even if it was just for ONE meal at Maharaja.

• Visited May 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed our fantastic views, they really are outstanding. We are proud of the traditional food our Indian chefs produce and I am glad you enjoyed your meal. Your daughter has excellent taste!
Geneva, Switzerland
“Would definitely return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Delicious, freshly made food. Nice staff. Huge portions! Pretty restaurant. I went there in the heart of winter (23rd December) en route to spend Christmas in the Isles of Scilly, and imagine that it must be even more wonderful in summer.

• Visited December 2012
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes the view from our restaurant in the summer is unforgettable but the food is good what ever time of year you visit! I am glad you enjoyed your meal and trust you will come back and see us soon.