“Would definitely return”

Maharajah Indian Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30 pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant is the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Would definitely return”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Delicious, freshly made food. Nice staff. Huge portions! Pretty restaurant. I went there in the heart of winter (23rd December) en route to spend Christmas in the Isles of Scilly, and imagine that it must be even more wonderful in summer.

• Visited December 2012
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. Yes the view from our restaurant in the summer is unforgettable but the food is good what ever time of year you visit! I am glad you enjoyed your meal and trust you will come back and see us soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Sunday opening off season”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

There aren't many restaurants open on a Sunday in the off season here, but I was delighted to find this gem of an Indian restaurant. The staff were very welcoming and the service was quick and efficient. I asked for the chef's recommendation for a fairly spicy vegetarian main course and they suggested I try the Dewani handi. It was delicious. I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone who likes excellent Indian food!

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your review. Our staff are always happy to recommend dishes as they understand their menu and know the traditional food our Indian chefs serve. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again soon.
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
“Hot hot hot! But lovely!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a veggie saag, poppadoms & pilau rice. Fragrant and rather hot just as I like it with lots of saag/spinach but I had been eating all day so I couldn't finish my curry as I wished. I enjoyed it and the service was great. It was very quiet and late when I went to dine with two friends. Loved the Bollywood on the screens, music and decor all very nice. I wasn't sure about some of the poppadom dips, one tasted like boot polish. My friends were crying with the heat of the food which was rather funny. I would definitely eat there again.

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your meal but am concerned about the boot polish! Did you speak to your waiter? We would have replaced it for you if we knew that you did not like it. I hope your friends have recovered from their tears - because we always cook from fresh sometimes the 'heat' in the dishes varies according to the chillies that are delivered to us. I hope you will come and see us again soon.
St Columb Major, United Kingdom
“Valentines day”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have eaten at the Maharajah a number of times in the past and was delighted when they were able to fit us in at short notice on Valentine's Day. As usual the staff were very attentive without over doing it. They managed to get get the balance just right whereas some places can be over-attentive, or worst still ignore you. Once the food arrived it looked good and tasted great.

If you arrive when it is light and are seated in the conservatory there are great views out to sea and along the north Cornish coast. What could be better, great food, friendly staff, pleasant surroundings, a chilled glass of wine and views of the Cornish coast. I highly recomend it.

• Visited February 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal on Valentine's Day. It is a special evening and one that should be celebrated. Your last but one sentence says everything we aim to achieve - thank you. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Newquay, United Kingdom
“indian kings of newquay”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Love this place we come here time and time again. The staff r so good they ask not what curry u want but what do u like and they always get it right and if its not amazing they take it back and make another fresh just the way u want it. It looks great, we must have papadoms each time and the staff get r meals right every time and tne nahn breads r great. Go and have a taste of india.

Visited November 2012
Thank you for your great review. Our staff are proud of the food they serve and want to ensure our guests enjoy their meal and I am pleased they got it right for you. I hope to see you again soon.