“Premier Standard.”

Maharajah Indian Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 244 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30 pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant is the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Reviewed February 22, 2013

When ever I travel to Cornwall for business I always arrange to stay in Newquay at the Great Western Hotel, so that I can walk next door to the Maharajah Restaurant. The place is spotless, the staff are friendly, it has a great sea view & the food is Excellent. I have ate in many Indian restaurants in the UK & can honestly say I have yet to find one that can compare to the Maharajah. I would recommend the Dal Soup, Chicken Kodapuri, Keema Curry & Lamb Shajahan. A further recommendation is that during peak holiday periods you book a table because this is a very popular place to eat.

mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your review. There really isn't anything I can add except that I am pleased you enjoyed your meal and please come and see us again soon! Yes booking is advisable in the busy season.

There are newer reviews for Maharajah Indian Restaurant

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I visited maharaja when I was a student back in the U.K. The food was just what I needed to bring me out of that homesick feeling. It tasted exactly how we cook back in India. Simple, authentic, n true to it's roots. Best Indian food I'm yet to have anywhere in the U.K. Reema.B

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you liked our traditional Indian food and hope we will be able to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Dinner with colleague, friendly waitress, good food, reasonable prices, would return or recommend. Chicken shashlik was good dhansak you must be hungry, biggest curry in the world.

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your meal - we don't like our guests going away hungry!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Newquay for a short break and were impressed with this restaurant. Very friendly and attentive staff, tasty food and a nice atmosphere. My boyfriend would definitely recommend the 'spicy chips'!

Thank you, I am pleased you enjoyed both your meal and our restaurant. I hope you will come and see us again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was travelling in the area, and stopped for some food, the staff were very friendly and I was made very welcomed. The food and service was excellent, as was the view of the sea, I would definitely visit again when in the area.

Thank you for your review. I hope you will be travelling our way again soon so you will be able to enjoy our food many more times.