“Visit this restaurant!”

Maharajah Indian Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Maharajah restaurant which was established in 1980 is open from 5.30 pm until late, seven days a week. The restaurant is the only real Indian restaurant in Newquay (and possibly Cornwall) here you will find traditional Indian food served in a restaurant with the most outstanding sea views.
Derby
“Visit this restaurant!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have eaten in Indian restaurants up and down the country, including a fair few in curry capitals of the UK (Birmingham, Leicester...) but I have to say that when it comes to Indian food, the Maharajah Restaurant is the Maharajah OF Restaurants - an enormous choice of both meat and veggie specials, all manner of different dishes which I hadn't even imagined before, and all absolutely delicious. My only regret about visiting this place was that we didn't go earlier in the holiday so as to eat there more times! Can't recommend it enough.

• Visited August 2012
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review which I will pass on to our staff. We aim to offer a wide range of varied dishes which are all freshly cooked and served with a smile! We hope you will come and see us again next time you are in Newquay.

Newquay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rushed”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Pro's - 1: If you get a window seat at the back of the restaurant you will enjoy great views. 2:The food is really tasty and they have a massive menu!! 3: The staff are friendly

Cons - 1: I feel its a bit on the expensive side. 2: You can sometimes feel a bit crammed in when the restaurant is busy. 3: My main reason for rating this a poor is due to the fact they rush you away from the table. This has happened 5 out of the 6 occasions I have visited but the instance that sticks in my mind is the time a group of ten of us booked a table for a friends 40th birthday and we were sat upstairs with a couple of other groups. We had just finished our mains and were enjoying our drinks having a good natter around the table and the owner told us that if we wanted to carry on then to sit ourselves in the bar. We asked if we could stay at our table as they were not busy and there were plenty of tables available but he kept asking us to move.
Most of us had full glasses and when we moved it changed the whole dynamic of the group - The bar is a couple of sofa's in the entrance of the restaurant which also doubles as the take out area. When I go out for a meal its a treat. You spend a lot of money and I really didn't like this sort of customer services. Poor effort!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank thedevilsbutterfly
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed both your meal and our fabulous views. I am sorry however that you felt you were rushed, it certainly is never our intention to hurry people out of the restaurant and again I can only apologise if this is how you saw the situation.
Derby
“Fantastic night out”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went here on last night of holiday. Great service, huge choice on menu and reasonably priced. Would love to go back to try some of the different dishes they had. Lovely location looking out over the sea. Highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012
mfbSWEngland, Manager at Maharajah Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. I hope you will be able to come back and see us soon.
Newquay
“Our favourite place to eat!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent service, staff are helpful and attentive. Very tasty food, value for money and a sea view! Would definitely recommend!

• Visited August 2012

Thank you for your review. It is great when customers appreciate what we aim for with our experienced staff and traditional recipes. The sea view - aren't we lucky?. Hope to see you again soon.
england
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

we visited this resturant while on our recent holiday and the service and staff were outstanding. The food was cooked well and delicious. They were only to happy to accomadate our large group and sat us with lovely views looking out to sea. Would highly recommend this resturant if you are looking excellent food and service

• Visited August 2012
Thank you for your review. We aim to give excellent service to match our traditional and authentic food. I am glad you enjoyed your meal. The views are fantastic, we know how lucky we are! I hope we can welcome you back to the Maharajah soon.