“Fish and Chips?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Flounders
Ranked #18 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast Food, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Television
Description: Traditional Fish and Chip Shop Take - Away with convenience seating area. Local Delivery Available. Telephone orders welcome. Daily Specials.
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Fish and Chips?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

seriously fresh fish with a good helping of none greasy chips, got to be the best chip shop in Newquay and maybe in Cornwall. The price is amazing and the portions are great. Choose to have Lemon with your fish for an extra zing at no extra cost. The staff are wonderful and because its the best there is often a queue but wait a while its worth it, I love this place

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank AzureBlue2014

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have just returned from Truro visiting family while I was there I called at Newquay I was told to call at Flounders because it was the best fish and chip shop in Newquay. When I entered the shop and looked at the menu I couldn't believe how reasonable the prices were. My wife and I both ordered cod and chips. The staff were fantastic we were really well looked after and the food was excellent I can honestly say it is one of the best chip shop meals I have ever had it was cooked well and the portions were plenty. It is not a big shop although there are a few tables of which we used and the girls behind the counter brought them to us. Next time I am down there I know were to go and I won't go anywhere else.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank David M
Essex, United Kingdom
“Yum!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Went here because of the good reviews and really liked it. Had sausage and chips and my boyfriend had cod. Will go here again when next in Newquay :)

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Big portion, fresh tasting fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Had battered haddock and chips, very nice tasting with huge flakes of haddock. Batter was crispy and not overly greasey. Chips were good too. Massive portion, bearly managed to eat it all. Fairly priced.

United Kingdom
“Back to being my favourite Chippy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Ok I take back what I wrote last year & after having going back a few times recently (Saturday night actually!) I can safely say they are back to being my favourite place to go for decent fish & chips! And service is always done with a smile!

And it's nice to see that the polystyrene boxes are nowhere to be seen!

1 Thank wineo78