“Veiws and food excellent”

Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lusty Glaze Tripadvisor Beautiful brunches, leisurely lunches, cosy coffees and seaside suppers... Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant is nestled just a short walk from the centre of Newquay, on the North Cornish coast. Come rain or shine Lusty Glaze serves up freshly cooked and locally-sourced culinary delights in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. With a beautiful menu specially created for each season, as well as some rather tasty specials and the ever popular Hot Rocks, this beachfront dinning experience is not to be missed. On a warm evening, it's easy to forget you're still in Cornwall! As well as hosting weddings and our legendary Headliner Sessions, we also hold a free live music evenings featuring some of our favourite local artists. Spanning a range of different genres, these nights are always special, as everyone relaxes and unwinds, glass of wine in hand, soaking up the atmosphere. And even with a focus on top-notch food, it is still very likely that your chairs won't match, your spoon and fork may be different patterns and your waiter will be wearing flip flops... after all, we are still the laid back family-friendly restaurant that we always have been!
“Veiws and food excellent”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Eating and watching the sunset couldn't ask for anything more, would recommend to anyone just put a jumper on

• Visited May 2013

Stockton-on-Tees
“Great food in a wonderful location!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We ate at the beach restaurant on Sunday and it was terrific. Ordering was a little slow, and after half an hour our salmon hot rocks hadn't appeared. Upon checking there had been a mix up we found out that salmon was no longer available but no one had told us. We were offered the more expensive fresh tuna option (at no extra cost) and an apology and the food arrived within ten minutes. We cooked the tuna ourselves on the hot rocks and enjoyed amazing food looking out to the sea. It was a terrific meal and the staff resolved our problem without fuss and quickly. We would highly recommend eating at the beach restaurant and can't wait to do so again on our next visit to Newquay, whenever that may be. A very friendly place with great food in an unbeatable location.

Newquay, United Kingdom
“Rip off!”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We are locals. We went to lusty with friends. In our party there were four children who requested dilute cordial and water. - Tap water I may add. We were charged a pound for each small glass. It was exploitation. Lusty may have a fabulous view like most of our beaches in Cornwall but this was ridiculous. Also there was hardly any wine selection by the glass so it was a case of take what we have or leave it. The wine was of very poor quality by the glass at a high price - well over its value. We won't be visiting again and neither will our friends until they start to charge realistic prices - private beach or not it doesn't warrant this kind of sky high exploitation. There are prettier beach bars to visit in Cornwall with more appropriate prices for such simple requests.

2 Thank bunchofwhiteroses
Milly97, Manager at Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Hi Bunchofwhiteroses. Thank you for your review.

I am surprised to see that the cordial was charged at £1 as it is set and always has been set at 50p on the till. It would be pretty difficult to override the till unless it was charged twice. If it was, I sincerely apologise and offer your 4 children as much free cordial as they can drink and a free ice cream dessert on your next visit.

I am also surprised and sorry that you didn't like our wine selection. Due to limited space we keep the wine list simple 2 white, 2 rose, 3 reds and of course Proseco. We do order other bottles in on request if we can get our hands on them.

Our wine list has been tried and tested for the last 2.5 years and usually the comments are the other way around - a lovely 'by the glass' wine! Obviously the pallets of some of our customers are not always the same, but the sommelier I invited last year to run our wine tasting sessions last winter also thought that they were nice, easy drinking and well suited to the location and menu.

Our wine prices again are simple, £2.50 for a small, £3.75 for a medium and £5 for a large (a few ml short of half a pint). We haven't put our wine prices up for the last 2.5 years. These prices sit well within the Newquay norm (see below), Wetherspoons I think are cheaper.

The Indian dining Club - who I believe you like, price their wine from £3.50 (medium) to £5.25 (large) per glass.
The Bowgie - who I also believe you like price there wine from £3.95 (medium) to £5.25 (large).

The above two examples don't have 133 steps to bring everything down and back up again which adds to our costs as we have to employ people on a daily basis to do this. Considering this, I really do think that our wine is very well priced.

If you would like to take us up on the offer of free cordial and ice cream desserts for your 4 children, I would gladly talk to you about other wines that you may know of that will increase our guest's enjoyment of our restaurant.

Thank you again for your review, I look forward to your response.
London, United Kingdom
“Yummy Seafood right on the beach...”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My Fiancé surprised me with a weekend to Newquay last weekend for my Birthday. And on our last day, I wanted to find somewhere different with a lovely setting to treat him as we had had such a good weekend!

I wasn't disappointed. We made a reservation for 2p.m. on Sunday and we were sat right on the beach.

My Fiancé ordered the Pork & Duck Burger and I had gone for the Seafood Platter as I wanted to use the Hot Stone!! Unfortunately, there was a mix up with tables and my partner received his food some 20 minutes before I received mine. Bit disappointing - but it didn't matter too much, as the sun was shining and we were relaxed.

My Fiancé loved his burger and chips! And I certainly loved my Seafood Platter. I had 2 Prawns, 1 King Scallop and a massive Tuna Steak. The Tuna Steak was out of this world! So tender and so tasty.

If I were to visit Newquay again, this would be the first Restaurant I'd be visiting! Next time...Steak on the Hot Stone!!

2 Thank supernicsy
“You need to eat here.. AMAZING IN EVERYWAY. x x”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We visited here after reading trip advisor and our experience was PRICELESS. Our table was right in the beach with stunning views... Which money couldn't buy and then it was topped of with stunning food. Me and daughter had seafood and husband had steak. We had the hot lava rocks and cooked it to our satisfaction. Great prices for what u received. Can't wait to go back... Please trust me.. Go here and ur holiday will be memorable forever. Kelly from Birmingham. X x

• Visited May 2013