“Home from home”
Review of St Pirans Inn

St Pirans Inn
Ranked #88 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Home from home”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went here this month with my dad, fiancé and dog ollie and I must say the service we all received was extremely welcoming. Our dog enjoyed the fuss and dog biscuits whilst we tucked into your tasty main meals.
We were all very upset to leave but because of your pub we will deffinatly be back.
Also a special thank you to Sam for the lollipop on my 21st birthday! :)

1 Thank Lauraxemma

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great service & excellent food!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The service was quick, food was absolutely gorgeous and the staff couldn't have been more polite and helpful. They made conversation, laughed and joked, couldn't do enough to help us an advised us on the best meal - the pork belly is delicious!

Overall it's decorated well and they're very accommodating of children and babies too!

1 Thank D_S_Brooks
“Excellent food, excellent service, excellent location !!!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We decided to walk down to St Pirans as it was a rainy day and we didn't fancy staying in or driving too far. I'm so glad we did! What a lovely place! The staff (in particular one lady - sadly I didn't get her name) were fabulous with my little boy, who is 4. They were helpful and friendly. Our food arrived promptly and the child fish and chips is amazing ! It's huge!!! The fish was so fresh and my fussy tot ate every bit of it - and loved it so much we went back again on the Saturday night and yet again were really impressed !!! Take note - dont overlook the specials on the board inside - I had the slow cooked pork belly and it was to die for!! - gorgeous!!!!!!

1 Thank Woojh123
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Will not being going back”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

So arrived thought the outdoor seating was lovely child friendly, went to order food told the staff member that the table number was either 6 or 9 ( there was no mark to say which one) she just stared at me like I was stupid, so I explained again and she rudely replied 6 is inside so it's not that what is it?? , repeated myself and told her where the bench was and she was like oh yeah that numbers broken, no sorry nothing , burger came out with seafood sauce on!!! Tuna and cheese melt should of been called cheese - the tuna was close to a teaspoon amount if that, and they forgot to out it in so came out five minutes after everything else!!!!

2 Thank kat111772
chris5489, General Manager at St Pirans Inn, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Firstly I would like to apologise if you felt that any member of my staff were rude to you. We are a very family orientated pub and we pride ourselves on having staff members who are friendly and helpful. This is backed up by 90% of our previous reviews that nearly all praise our team for their patience, so your experience is very unusual and I am at a loss to think who you would have spoken to.
Regarding the "seafood sauce" on the burger, that is actually burger sauce, and most establishments that serve burgers use it. I'm sorry if you didn't like it, but that is just down to taste and had you told us when you were table checked we would have happily replaced your burger with a plain one. We sell thousands during our season, as it it undoubtably the best selling dish on our menu, and yours is the first ever negative comment, but we do appreciate that everyone has different cullinary tastes and we are sorry you didn't like the sauce. The tuna melts are hand made to order and we fill the panini with tuna and cheese, but they do flatten in the sandwich press which may have given you the impression that there was less filling. I can assure you this is not the case, but again had you mentioned this when the waitress table checked you, we could have sorted out any problems you may have had.
We always appreciate comments and reviews good or otherwise as it is the only way we can address any problems and make them better. Thank you for visiting us, and I'm sorry it wasn't to your liking this time but if you come again, hopefully we can change your mind and you will be one of the thousands of happy customers who come back to eat with us year after year.
Cornwall
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Love this little place, off the beaten track, food good, beer good and reasonable, have visited a couple of times, as we actually own a restaurant(not so far away) I see good value and wholesome homemade specials, lovely and cosy for that meal for two.

• Visited March 2013