“FANTASTIC”

Ticket To Ride Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: The Ticket to Ride Surf School in Newquay is located just 50 meters from the consistent surf breaks of Newquay Bay. We are big enough to cope, yet small enough to care. Offering Surf Lessons, Surf Hire, Stand Up Paddling Lessons, Tours and Hire, as well as delivering Lifeguard courses. We are more than just a surf school.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

last year we went to Errant with our then 8 year old boy who wanted body boarding lessons, Max suggested surfing as he thought that Zak would get more enjoyment from this. Our lad is a bit of a livewire, so Max teamed him up with Russ and he (in fact they both) had a great time, so much so that next week, Zak is booked in for two more private lessons! I saw a revie on here stating that when walking into The Errant surf School offices, it was like walking into a friends, and that is absolutely true!
Look forward to seeing you guys next week :-)

Max_Hepworth, Owner at Ticket To Ride Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hey Jo. I think Zac and Russ were teamed up perfectly and are both 'live wires' as you say, Russ seemed to enjoy himself as much as Zac! Unfortunately Russ is injured at the moment and can't work but Zac and Chris should have a great time tomorrow (Thurs 30th). See you soon, Max :)

All reviews
"perranporth"
"fab"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2013

My wife and I were holidaying in Cornwall with my in-laws in town from the states, and our children, which happened to coincide with our anniversary.

So, on the morning of our anniversary, we ditched the kids with the grandparents, and headed off for our day of surfing lessons.

It was a blast, and such a fun and unique way to spend our anniversary. The instructors were great, and with the surf breaking so close in to the shore, it made it easy to get out and then up onto the waves.

Thoroughly exhausted at the end of the day, but such a great time.

Hey Brian, was great to meet you and glad you guys had a great time :) Those stairs aka the icing on the cake probably added to the exhaustion but very well done to you both! Hope to see you again soon, Max

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Well what can I say, this was my very first experience into the world of surfing. I can honestly say that because of the customer service, staff and facilities I will be booking a family surfing lesson in the near future. What a fantastic day! I cannot recommend this surf school enough!!! just try it. Thank you to the staff that made our day.

Max_Hepworth, Owner at Ticket To Ride Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Cheers Amanda, it looked like you Guys had a sick time and the sun shining was the icing on the cake. Look forward to seeing you all again soon :)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

It started as rough day out on the waves when I took a surfing lesson on16 April. Even though, I was the only one in the standard full-day class, which I originally booked, they did not treat me dismissively in any way. Rhys was a wonderful teacher and a great encourager, who really helped me work on my technique. He was able to break surfing down in a comprehensible step-by-step procedure that I will remember for a long time. While I did not stand up all the way, it was quite an enjoyable experience and I would definitely go surfing with Errant again.

Hey Kat, thanks for the positive feedback. Rhys is a star and one of the best coaches down here and he personally reckons he'll get you standing up all the way next time you head down! :)