“Chinese cuisine at the highest level”
Review of Shanghai Express

Shanghai Express
Ranked #42 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Chinese cuisine at the highest level”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Arguably the best Chinese restaurant in the south of England.
The staff were exceptional.
The food was amazing.
Ambience was warm and friendly.

1 Thank blackbugzy

UK
“Best Chinese food I've ever had”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my partner during a recent stay in Newquay, mainly based on the reviews I'd read on trip advisor.
Although it is a small and slightly tired looking restaurant, the food was delicious and very reasonable priced. The egg fried rice was the best I'd ever eaten and the mains were also delicious.
The staff were friendly and very attentive.
I would definitely recommend visiting this place if you are in the area.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank cma693
Stoke sub Hamdon, United Kingdom
“Traditional Chinese Restaurant and takeaway”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This restaurant is tucked away from the main street via a door way between two shops go up the stairs and you will find your self in the restaurant. The staff are friendly and the service is good. and the menu is pretty standard. The food is good and portions size is good as well. Drinks are reasonably priced. Will use this restaurant and takeaway again.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brian E
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Takeaway”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Lenny as always excellent. Thank you. Service and food are always amazing but your personal touch always make it special

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

We came to this restaurant on Tuesday night from a recommendation from the taxi company! As we are not local, and are from the North, we didn't quite know what to expect from a southern Chinese... We was greeted friendly by all the staff, and the chef even came out to speak to us at the end of the meal. There was 7 of us and we all thoroughly enjoyed the food... My favourites being the salt and pepper chicken, seaweed and crispy duck!! Would definitely recommend this restaurant but if I could give it one tip, I would suggest adding salt and pepper chips to the menu (North style)!

3 Thank Sophie G