“Sea food experience”

Ranked #6 of 244 Restaurants in Newquay
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Food was really good, fish was fresh off the shore. The service could ave been better, as I think there was a shortage in staff. However, the food and ambience were excellent. Going back again on Saturday for bday dinner, which speaks volumes. Well worth a try while in newquay

2  Thank sara h
There are newer reviews for Harbour Fish and Grill

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Lovely atmosphere, lovely location. Staff are very hit and miss. Had some lovely waitresses here, and also some "not bothered" ones. The food is nice, but very overpriced for what you get. Small portion sizes. Only average food. I think you pay for the location more than anything.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

What started of as a quick morning coffee on a fantastic hot sunny day made me book in for dinner, and wow what a meal that was.
I was walking to little fistral beach for a hard day of sunbathing, with my mate who works at Starbucks and we saw the sign for the harbour restaurant and we had a coffee that was as good as Starbucks. I saw the food going out to the tables and the massive portions and what looked like an amazing beautifully and imaginatively presented seafood platter, and I thought that I really need to eat here sometime and experience this magic restaurant in the evening. Luckily I had a hot date for the evening so the waiter was really happy to book us in that night even though it was really busy.
We arrived late, but they were extremely helpful to fit us in. We had a first class table over looking an unusually calm sea and stunning Cornish harbour with a quality sunset in the backdrop. Also what was good was we had a massive candle not a cheapy tea light that goes out all the time. Cocktails were sublime and futuristic. I had one with crushed ice guava and lychee with a test tube of citrus vodka, There was so much alcohol in it I was going to save some back for a shot later, but the lady freind said no so we just pored it all in anyway. Crab spaghetti - awesome. Prices reasonable. Service attentive and charming ,Proffessional without being annoying. I have worked in some of the best places in Cornwall and Australia, including Michelin star and I have got to say that this rates as one of the nicest, most innovative and unpretentionous dining experiences, that I have enjoyed yet. Probably the best food in Newquay and with a view to remember : )

1  Thank GRAEME77POLREATH
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Fresh, nicely cooked and different.
Restaurant ran out of 3 main courses by 8.00pm, which was disappointing. Enjoyed what we had, but really, they shouldn't run out of anything at that time.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is one of the places we go for a meal every time we visit the area. The first time was the day after we'd had fish at chips at Rick Stein's in Padstow, and we were struck by the fact that the fish and particularly the batter were better than our experience the day before. The venue is remarkable with amazing views, the food today (5th July) and the service this afternoon were excellent. The waitress was helpful and smiling, the beer was great, and the Sauvignon Blanc went perfectly with the food. What more can I say. Go there. Actually don't, because if it gets too busy we won't be able to get our favourite table overlooking the harbour.