“Was good.”
Review of The Chippy

The Chippy
Ranked #38 of 255 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We are a fish&chip shop providing takeaway meals with seating inside & outside the premises open lunch time & evenings monday to sunday .
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This used to be the best in town until it changed hands a few years ago. The last time I went there it was not very good. Soggy fish & chips - needed more cooking time.

9  Thank Flo413

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Had our haddock cooked for us as we waited, excellent quality fish and fab chips. Recommended to us by a local, we were very happy.

7  Thank Louise D
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We Like this takeaway so much, we have a loyalty card! They do lovely fish and chips. Tables and chairs are provided at no extra charge, if the weather is inclement or you just need to have a sit down to enjoy your meal. Good offers for small fish and chips etc.

7  Thank CheshireBeachbums
Reviewed October 31, 2012

There are so many Fish and Chip shops in Newquay that unless you are a local you really dont know which one to choose! I popped in The Chippy purely on a whim as the kids were trying to drag me into the nearby Burger King. So glad I did - Small Fish and Chips £3.80. Great sized portion and great tasting.......Best Fish and Chips I have had in a long time. My son (who says he dislikes any white fish other than haddock) also said it was wonderful. Well done!

7  Thank Chineezy1
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Have tried other fish and chip shops in Newquay but this is the best. Their breaded plaice is fresh and tasty and the chips are lovely. They also do savaloy's as they should be not deep fried - excellent!

6  Thank Declan H