“Did not get seated”

Ranked #21 of 249 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Reviewed June 5, 2011

While the restaurant was virtually empty they refused to seat 3 families of 4, a table of 12 in total, they wouldn't even seat us as 3 separate tables, so beware if you are in a large group.

littleitalynqy, Owner at Little Italy, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2011

I remember you walking in off the street, I am the Chef/owner who was cooking at the entrance. I'm very Sorry I didn't take a bit more time to articulate myself whilst I was cooking for others. We have 24 seats in our restaurant and we offer pizza take away and delivery too. Because our place is small, we try not to be too greedy and do not accept groups of over 8 people. We clearly state that when people phone for reservations and on our website. We were not singling your group out. That's the same for mixed parties, families, locals and tourists etc.

We have actually been encouraging families this year with a successful 'kids eat free' promotion.

When you walked in and enquired we were cooking for a table of eight and had a another table of two dining with us. We had two other tables reserved for later on in the evening so I would not have been able to seat or cook for 12 you all at the same time, or given you a decent service and time to eat before our other reservations were due - it didn't matter that I had the seats empty at the time, or wether you were sat together or not.

Someone in your group asked if there was a Pizza Express in the town which we gave directions for and I reccomended Rossis Pizza's who have more room to accomadate larger groups.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

The pizza's are light and airy. The dough is not too heavy or greasy the portions are pretty decent too

1  Thank iBenny
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Having a wheat/gluten allergy, I've been missing great authentic pizza but not any more!!
With at least 24 hours notice these guys are able to prepare a gluten free pizza dough which even had me guessing!!! Ten out of ten for texture & flavour. Great choice of delicious toppings and so great to have freshly prepared pizza dough, even for the wheat eaters!!

5  Thank carby76
Reviewed May 28, 2011

What a great night we had! The food was really tasty and the ambiance was relaxing yet buzzing at the same time. We both chose pizzas and they were both cooked to perfection and great value for money. We couldn't fault the food or experience at all. The staff were really friendly and efficient and we would definitely recommend it.

1  Thank keames69
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We first came across Little Italy a year ago (on a weekend away in Newquay) and went back a further 2 times just in that weekend. When we decided to return to Newquay again this year, the first thing all 4 of said was "Yes - Little Italy every night!!" In fact, when my cousin told her husband that we were returning to Newquay, what she actually said was "We're going to Little Italy for the weekend" :-) The service is extremeley friendly, and the place really gives a feel of authenticity. The pizza's are amazing... rustic and delicious! And such good value!?!? The desserts are fab too... though I had to force it down after my pizza and dough balls :-) On our visits to Newquay, we've been to Jamie Oliver's 15, and Rick Stein Fish & Chip restaurant - both of which we thoroughly enjoyed, but Little Italy is the place we always go back to! The only negative comment I would give is that he's not opened a branch in Manchester!! ;-)

1  Thank The_Newquay_Four