“Fantastic on all counts”

Westward Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I stayed here for the weekend recently and can honestly say it's one of the best B&Bs I've ever stayed in. The location is great, the welcome from Rachel and Andrew was warm and friendly and the rates are incredible. Highly recommended and I intend to stay here again when I'm in Newquay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed September 25, 2010

Rachel and Andrew Read are absolutely helpful, cheerful, and try to make your stay as comfortable as possilbe. It is a nice B&B, close to the city center,luckily not directly in the crowded center of Newquay. The breakfast is really yummy! I've been there for 4 nights and enjoyed my stay at this very good place!
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2010

stayed here with my husband for his birthday as we wanted to be in the centre of Newquay. When we arrived we were shown to our room which was lovely and clean and fresh with a very comfortable double bed (room 8).
Rachel and Andrew are so welcoming and they helped us with maps, booking taxis etc and also told us of some nice places to eat whilst we were there.
The best part of the stay though was the fantastic breakfast which was cooked exactly how we wanted it and enough to keep you going all day.
Cant fault this B & B at all and would recommend it to anyone. As others have said, we didnt want to leave at the end!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2010

myself and my wife have recently had the pleasure,of staying at Andrew and Rachaels delightfull bed and breakfast.we completely enjoyed our weeks holiday from start to finish,only downside was,we wanted to stay an extra few days,as andrew and rachael are such excellent hosts,but they were fully booked(not one bit surprised)we found another place to stay on,which was more expensive with no breakfast!Our room was spotless as too was the dining room.we had seven great nights sleep.Even after our stay had ended our hosts still couldnt do enough for us,allowing us to park our car there,even though we were elsewhere,"faboulous".They add so many things to your stay,i nipped back four days later to say goodbye,and was offered breakfast and tea for our journey back to wakefield.i will definately be back,and highly recommend andrew and rachael,and their bed and breakfast, to anybody wanting a quiet place to stay in this beautiful part of the country,thank you andrew and rachael and family!!!!!!!!

Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at The Westward as a single traveller visiting the area for the first time. I originally wanted to book my 7 days with another B&B but could only get 4 days with them, so booked my first 3 days with Westward. I can only say I wish I'd booked my 7 days with Westward. Both Rachel & Andrew were both there to meet me on my arrival, after giving me directions from the train station (which is only couple of streets away). Andrew kindly carried my case (without being asked to) to the 1st floor (room 5) where I was staying. They offered great advice on places to eat/shop, areas to visit, etc. They both made me feel immediately very welcome.

The room was clean, tidy and nicely decorated with a double bed, which was a pleasant surprise as I'd paid for a single room. My room also included a sink and shower, with my toilet seperate on the landing opposite (this was spotlessly clean). There was sufficient storage for my belongings but not a lot of floor space. However, I was very happy with my accomodation. I was also able to access Wi-Fi from my room.

Breakfast was fantastic, especially as i'm not really a breakfast person. Rachel also offered to get me any specific requests that I may have, and I was able to pre-order my breakfast on a day I was heading out early on a boat trip. Breakfast had options of both hot and cold including full english/vegetarian, toast, waffles, as well as fruit, cereal, yoghurt, etc. Tea and coffee were served as well as apple/orange juice.

The location of the Westward was ideal, very centrally located for all beaches and a short walk to the main shopping area.

If I ever visit Newquay again I would spend my whole visit staying here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Westward is in a great spot 2 mins from nearest beach and 5 mins from town centre. Rachel and Andrew were reallt helpful and gave great service. The breakfast was lovely and the rooms were nicely decorated and spotless. We would definatly stay here again. Thanks guys!

Reviewed August 12, 2010

This was our 3rd year in this hotel, the hosts Rachel and Andrew are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them. The hotel is very clean and comfortable, we look forward to Andrews breakfasts. We have booked for the same time next year looking forward to it. I would recommend anyone to stay here Mature couple from South Yorkshire