“Chinese Delight”
Review of The Orient

The Orient
Ranked #63 of 253 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chinese Restaurant with Take Out serviceFree onsite parkingOpening Hours:Monday, Wednesday - Sunday: 5pm - 11pmClosed every TuesdayOpen on most bank holidays
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We took advantage of the takeaway service.
The food was hot and tasty and enjoyed by both of us.
We would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Tattyadams

Reviewed May 24, 2014

My partner and I decided to go to the Orient tonight and I am that impressed that I insisted on writing this as soon as I got in through the door.

On entry, we were greeted with smiles and shown to our table, which was neatly laid out. We ordered drinks and they were brought to us speedily, along with complimentary prawn crackers.

We ordered our starters. I had wonton soup and my partner chicken satay skewers. The wontons were seasoned well (I've found in a few restaurants and take outs that they can be bland but not here!) And I enjoyed it thoroughly. The chicken satay skewers were cooked perfectly and the satay sauce was one of the best I had tried, not too spicy but with a nice kick.

For mains we shared crispy chicken and crispy beef with a large egg fried rice. I preferred the crispy beef as it was ... Crispier :P , but the chicken was also delicious. The seasoning was perfect and it was the best crispy beef I have had, really crispy but still able to appreciate the meat. The egg fried rice was lovely and fluffy.

We were brought toothpicks and fortune cookies afterwards and I do really believe that it's the little things like that which put the icing on the cake.

With drinks, the whole meal came to just over £30. We feel that this was just and we also tipped £4.55 as the staff were just so friendly and quick to serve and actually laughed at my rubbish jokes!

I would recommend this place to everyone in the area, it really is worth a visit.

2  Thank FoxySocks
Reviewed May 15, 2014

just had a sit down meal in this Chinese 4 of us eating and we all agree one of the nicest meals we've had , reasonably priced , good portions , friendly staff , if your in Newquay give it a try you won't be disappointed

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had a takeaway on the last night of our holiday. Tasty dishes and nice chicken. Crispy Duck was also delish. A very busy restaurant, which is also a good sign.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We visited here as a last minute thing but very pleased with the food and the amount. Average price and friendly staff.

1  Thank Heidi B