“Lovely owner, huge portions, great menu, first class scones!”
Review of Coast Cafe - CLOSED

Coast Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We took our two young children to the Coast Café as we'd heard about the amazing scones and food and we weren't disappointed. The interior is sweetly done up in sea blues and white with pictures looking through windows at the sea, and twinkly lights, all give it a Scandinavian feel, fresh, clean and welcoming. The choice of food was comprehensive with local speciality ice-creams and cream teas. My son had the brownie knickerbocker glory and he wasn't disappointed, the brownie inside was heaven, it didn't last long. My daughter had a fruit pancake and it was huge and perfectly thin with a generous serving of fresh strawberries and other seasonal fruit inside. A large selection of smoothies, fruity or chocolatey, you can choose your own chocolate bar to be mixed into it i.e. bounty or marsbar etc, a nice touch. The owner went to lots of trouble to personalise our orders to our very picky specification and was smiley and chatty throughout. A really friendly and happy place with really comfortable scatter cushion seats. It was obviously very popular and had a steady stream of people coming in for takeaways or to eat, especially the ice-creams and cream teas, I can see why, it's a little Gem. I should also say that the one person who criticised it must have been having a bad day themselves as I couldn't fault the place.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I don't know what to say about this little gem. I found it based on other reviews on here and I'm so glad I did. I have honestly never had a cream tea half as good as from here. It was so good we went back just before travelling back home as I wanted to experience it again. It's a small place but has lovely gentle decor. The scones are made fresh and served warm. If you get the chance go here, you'll want to go back too.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We went here because it was rated so highly on here, figured we would try the cream tea which I'm most places is tea for two and two scones. In here it was around £4.50 for a big pot of tea(around 4 cups) and one scone. The scone was warm and the clotted cream was nice, the Jam was just sainsburys own. The lady serving wasn't rude as such but she wasn't helpful or pleasant. Whilst we were there a lady with a dog went in and behind the counter/in the back and then that lady started to serve food. I feel it would have been better to advise out group of four to order one pot of tea and extra scones as we spent more than was reasonable on what was a very basic snack.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Had to go here twice in one week as the cream teas were beautiful. Loved drinking my tea out of a tea cup and saucer :) the staff were friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Visited the cafe on the way to the beach for a surf, had a waffle with fresh fruit and ice cream. Freshly cooked waffle, fresh fruit and delicious ice cream! Definitely going back there next time!