“Top blokes!”

Kingsurf Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Kingsurf surf school is North Cornwall's favourite fun and friendly activity. Come and surf with us and live the dream!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top blokes!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Went out with Tom on a one-to-one lesson on Sunday 01 September 2013 on a glorious morning. Really helpful and welcoming and a great bunch of blokes (and Hannah of course!). Had an absolute blast on a gorgeous day and they even had a westuit that fitted my, ahem, rather large frame. Can't go wrong with these blokes.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank NeilMac2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Making dreams come true!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have been coming down to Cornwall for the past 5 years and every time we come down I have wanted to surf.i'm an outside person I ride downhill bikes I have skated in the past and also snowboarded but never surfed. This year we stayed at the park my mates said to just hire a board and try myself which I did, after about an hour of trying I gave up disheartened. I was gutted as I have always wanted to surf. after a conversation with a guy in a surf so he pointed me to kings. I took his advice and booked a 1on1. Scoob, Peter and the gang blew me away after a few waves I was standing up and actually surfing!!!!! not only did they do this but they also lent me a board the following day when I couldn't hire a board the size I needed. They even spent time with me when I wasn't paying and was just in the sea. I can't recommend them enough the way thye deal with you the friendliness and the passion! I will be back every time I'm down for more teaching. if you want to learn to surf these are your guys! avoid some of these others that offer discount if you review then on trip adviser! threes guys live breath sleep surf

Visited September 2013
1 Thank chrissmith_8
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great team!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

These guys are fantastic! I came in June, when the water was quite cold and the weather wasn't great but they made me forget all about it and focus on standing up!

Pete and Tom taught us in a small group and were both very encouraging. Pete was great with the kids - getting them involved but also making sure they understood the safety procedures. Both guys were super friendly, relaxed and made us feel very welcome! They took great care of us and tailored their instruction to the different levels in the group. I've already planned my next trip back as I loved the welcoming atmosphere so much!

They had a good choice of wetsuits and boards, and you could change in their surf shack and then have your stuff locked up safely inside. The Park cafe just round the corner is great for refuelling afterwards.

Visited June 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“King Surf Rocks!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Forget the super busy beaches near Newquay - head to the gorgeous Mawgan Porth and the fabulously chilled out and enthusiastic instructors at King Surf for your surf lessons.
My daughter Lucy (12) returned for the 3rd year running for her lessons and they did her proud. The 2 Toms, Scuba and Nick looked after her this year and in her words they were "awesome"
The guys are experienced, friendly, positive and really know their stuff - it doesn't matter whether you've done it before they are brilliant at looking after their little (and big!) surf dudes whilst in the water! Lucy felt confident and inspired and can't wait to do it all again next year!! We went the last week of August and class sizes were large but they use more instructors so you're never left floundering! Top tip: have a lesson when its a bit rainy/cooler and get even more instructor attention!!
There's lots of fab places to eat for a well earned hot chocolate and slice of cake post surf!!
So what are you waiting for .... King Surf behind Betty's Surf shop is the place to go!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Hazelslovinglife
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Surf School”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic weekend in Mawgan Porth and the highlight was our surf lessons at Kings Surf. The instructors clearly have a passion for surfing which shows in their lessons. My boyfriend and I had never surfed before but they took the time to get us (literally) on our feet. If you're ever down Newquay way we would highly recommend a visit to the beautiful beach in Mawgan Porth with some lessons from these amazing guys :) we'll definitely be back!

Visited August 2013