“Great evening and fab food”
Review of The Beach Hut

The Beach Hut
Ranked #21 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Local cuisine
Description: The Beach Hut is well known as one of Cornwall's best beach-side hang-outs. Right on the sand at Watergate Bay, it's an easy, relaxed restaurant serving seasonal food amongst the hustle of beach life. Open for breakfast, Sunday brunch, lunch and dinner, the menu is classic. The views are fantastic. Rarely quiet, The Beach Hut is a vibrant venue where the buzz of conversation rivals the sound of the sea. Cornish fish will always be on the daily specials board and the menu is focused around steaks, burgers and shellfish with an emphasis on local, seasonal produce. Try the grilled Cornish rib-eye steak, the pulled pork sandwich or perhaps the Sri Lanka mussels with a side of sweet potato fries and chilli sea salt.
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We booked here for dinner and were more than happy. It had a great Gluten Free and Regular menu and the staff were all v helpful and knowledgable. The children played on the beach in between courses and loved it. The sunset was amazing and we didn't feel rushed at all. Highly recommend and we will be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,307)

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Decided this time not to go to Jamies (just above the Beach Hut) as last time we felt it was overpriced and the food average. The Beach Hut is a great venue for lunch with the same views as Jamies. We had lunch - the starters were tasty and fresh (calamari & mussels), mains of crab linguine, fish curry and burgers were all well cooked but the childrens favourite has to be the hot chocolate drinks with cream, chocolates & marshmallows! Great spot too to walk on the beach and walk off your lunch!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

On a recent trip to Cornwall with another two families (12 people in all) I booked the Beach Hut for lunch on the recommendation of a few people, and I'm so glad I did. After a walk on the beach we arrived to a very warm welcome from very professional but relaxed staff and shared a number of fantastic starters.

The calamari, Harissa houmous and mussels all got the thumbs up from adults and children alike. My steak was beautifully cooked, with a delicious spicy Asian peppercorn sauce on the side, and my husband's crab linguine was one of the best he has ever had. We did have a long wait for the mains (almost an hour) but the fact that neither the children nor adults complained is testament to the great atmosphere, stunning views and fabulous wine / beers that we were happily absorbing. I would book again in a heartbeat.

Fifteen is up above and would be worth booking for a more upmarket, formal evening meal, but the Beach Hut is perfect for those wanting a more relaxed vibe (with increasing amounts of sand covering the floor as the afternoon goes by!) without compromising on the quality of food.

Yum.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

We walked frm Mawgan Porth to Watergate bay and had a pit stop at the Beach Hut. We had the choice of sitting on or out even wt two dogs. The place caters for all ages and walks of life. We had a lovely lunch and even our two dogs were made to feel welcome. The calamari melted in my mouth and the sweet potato chips are a tasty, healthy alternative to french fries. The setting was fab as you are right on the beach. The extreme hot chocolate is exactly that and worth a try. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We chose the beach hut because of its great location and it's good reputation and we were not not disappointed. We were given a warm welcome on arrival from the staff who were very accommodating throughout. It was on a busy Saturday and I would recommend that you book if you want to guarantee a table. I had mussels which came with fresh bread and my wife had steak and both were exceptional, in fact all the food we saw looked like a very good quality. For dessert my wife had the chocolate brownie which she said was delicious and I had an extreme hot chocolate which lived up to its name.
We would defiantly visit here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a relaxed place to eat that serves excellent food.