“quirky and eco friendly”
Review of Cafe Irie - CLOSED

Cafe Irie
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wonderful freshly cooked food alternative choices of food that makes a pleasant change from the norm. cosy and comfortable and zingy smoothies!

CafeIrie, Owner at Cafe Irie, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for reviewing us, I am so pleased that you had such a great time. Many thanks. Cafe irie.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

the food is amazing buuuut the service is sooo slow.... and maybe it could be a little bit cheaper. Id recomend the smoothies,nom nom.

Thank you for your review, I am sorry that you found our service slow, August is a very busy time for us. I hope we are a little quicker for your next visit. Many thanks, Cafe Irie.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been comeing to the irie cafe in Newquay for years if you want to chill and have a Bite to eat and a drink its great.
One tiny sudgestion the milk shakes used to be so thick and lush they have this year droped in quality come on chaps let's have them back please

Reviewed August 14, 2012

From the joky sign outside to the mismatched furniture, the shelf of books to browse as you eat, eclectic music selection and the happy but somewhat chaotic approach to orders by the staff, this is not a place for a quick bite to eat. However, if you've got a bit of time to spare and want to chill out with some lovely food and gorgeous juices then this is the place. What a find! We stumbled across it by accident and are very glad we did. The staff were lovely and friendly. Everything we ordered was really tasty and fresh (10 year old daughter didn't like the spicy tomato soup but I thought it was the bee's knees, so she had some of my mezze plate instead - I was happy to swap!). My new favourite drink is mango juice and ginger.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Last year when we visited we got only two of three meals. This year we thought we might take another chance, not all tables were being used however after waiting 20 minutes, being told a waitress would be with us soon when I went to ask, and seeing a waitress serve people next to us but then not return for us, it was clear they can't cover the tables they have. We only wanted a couple of drinks to start.

Really sorry to hear about the sloppy service you received on your visit. August is an exceptionally busy time for us but your experience is certainly not of the norm. I hope that next time you enjoy the whole experience at Cafe Irie. Many thanks, Cafe Irie.