“if in Newquay stay in this hotel”

Hepworth Guest House
Ranked #5 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Belfast, United Kingdom
“if in Newquay stay in this hotel”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Arrived at the hepworth quite late in the evening owing to delayed flights and despite the late arrival were greeted by the owners with very welcome cups of tea - throughout our stay it was the personal touch offered by the owners which sets this hotel apart from many others - they were on hand to offer any help we needed with sightseeing trips.
The location of the hotel is excellent within easy walking distance of several good restaurants and the train and bus station
I could not end my review without mentioning the absolutely amazing breakfasts - they really set you up for the day .
I would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone and look forward to staying their again .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2010

we spent the weekend at hepworth hotel newquay on the weekend. we were met by Ron and Carol who are lovely people and made us feel welcome from the moment we walked through their front door. The room was spotless with everything you need for a great stay. Breakfast is NOT to be missed-fantastic food and service. Great location near to town yet far enough for a good night sleep. will Definatley returning later in the year. Big thank you to Ron and Carol for making our trip to newquay special.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Essex
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I rang ahead to advise I would be arriving early and was met by Ron, who insisted on taking my bags and making me a pot of tea, with biscuits while I waited a short time in the lounge. Then Carol arrived and showed me around the hotel. It felt like home from the outset. I only needed a place to stay whilst visiting my daughter who lives close by, but couldn't have chosen a more friendly place. The breakfast was outstanding and I was spoilt for choice. wish I could have stayed longer than the 4 days I'd booked. Also have internet access, but as it was wifi, I was able to use via my phone. Would love to stay again and can't thank them enough, but don't know if I'll get the opportunity as they're so popular. Excellent value for money too. Wish they were open through the winter.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2010

my partner and i have just spent 5days at the hepworth, all i can say is that it was first class, aithough our en-suite was a bit on the small side it had the most amazing shower, the room was spotless clean, the breakfast menu was brilliant and the food perfectly cooked, carol and ron were the perfect hosts, we will definately be going back

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed July 4, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for six nights at the end of June 2010. Our room, at the top of the building, was small but pleasant and very clean. The B&B is a short walk from the busy pub/bar/restaurant area of Newquay (and the beaches) but, as another review points out, it's far enough away that noise isn't a problem.

What really makes this establishment stand out is the friendly welcome and hospitality from the proprietors Ron and Carol, who really made us feel at home. Ron also cooks a fantastic breakfast!

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Hepworth to anyone planning to stay in Newquay.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2010

We have just come back from a lovely break at the Hepworth Newquay What a lovely place
we stayed in a first class room which met all our needs and more.
Not only did it have all the things you would expect in your room we also had luxury items such as a Flat screen tv, fridge,and a safe,they even had dressing gowns for our use.
What can I say the Breakfasts were the best we have ever had and the owners Ron and Carol were so helpful nothing seemed to much trouble to them. Lovely, couple.
We feel we had value for our money and would certantly recommend anyone to make a visit to the Hepworth where I'm sure Ron and Carol will make you feel very welcome
We cant wait to visit again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Tasmania
Reviewed June 19, 2010

We would like to thank Carol and Ron for making our brief stay so enjoyable.
My daughter and I found the Hepworth the best part of our trip from Australia and
especially enjoyed our evening with them. Very memorable.
We would recommend staying at the Hepworth just to meet Carol and Ron and
thats without mentioning the wonderful selection at Breakfast time...and very comfortable surrounds. We would like to come again - and are planning hopefully for October 2011!
Perhaps, we can get it right this time, and stay for a week.
Thanks again, Carole & Alex - Tasmania, Australia.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family