Premier Inns across to UK tend to vary a little. At Manchester Airport, for example, Runger Lane North is noticeably better than Runger Lane South - although both are on the same site.
The Premier Inn at Quintrell Downs was what my wife and I would regard as a 'good average'.
When we arrived, we were allocated a room on the road side. Noisy. Chris, on reception soon put this right and offered us a choice of rooms overlooking the large car park. Much better. The smell in Room 135 was soon dissipated when the air-con was turned up. Likewise extra towels were immediately provided when requested. (Only one hand towel and one bath towel for two people?). Chris also addressed the problem of the drummer across the way.
The best aspect of our stay was the standard of the staff service. When advised, our waitress soon sorted out the error of me paying for the rump steak consumed by the gentleman at the next table in the restaurant. When we had to forgo our morning toast due to a small boy having been dispatched to toast more than half a loaf for the benefit of his extended family our waitress apologised explaining that the toast machine tended to be unreliable sometimes.
Apart from these minor problems our stay at this Premier Inn was quite satisfactory - having regard to the price paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few miles from the stunning beaches of Newquay – so grab your shorts, sunnies and surfboard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel Newquay
- Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel Cornwall