“Great location to visit North Cornwall!”

Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great location to visit North Cornwall!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My family and I stayed here during the first week of Easter. Hotel is very well located if you want a good base to visit all the small towns/villages in North Cornwall. Location was very quiet and although there is a road/roundabout directly outside, the traffic noise was minimal. Hotel was immaculately clean and staff very friendly and helpful (always seem to find this in Cornwall as opposed to other Premier Inns we have stayed in )! Stayed in room 214 - a very large family room with loads of extra space for storing luggage etc. On site restaurant served the usual pub grub but all very tasty, reasonably priced and something for everyone. Good selection at breakfast and all cooked to order - which makes a change from the usual dried out buffet breakfast. Would definitely stay there again and would recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: Room 214 - very large family room as it is on the corner so you get extra space for luggage etc.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
newquayquintrell, Manager at Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always nice to receive such a positive review such as yours, and to read that the reviewer would stay with us again, as well as recommend us to friends and family.
So on behalf of myself and my staff, I would like to extend a big thank you.

Likewise thank you for the kind comments on the service you received.
We always pride ourselves on providing each guest we welcome through the doors with friendly and helpful service and in making each one of their stays an enjoyable one, so thank you.
Also, on the comments about cleanliness of the room, I would like to thank you and will be passing your comments to our busy housekeeping team who I am sure will be equally as thankful as myself.

I will also pass on your review or more importantly the comments concerning the restaurant to the management team of the Treffry Tavern and their busy team.

So once again in closing thank you very much for the kind and positive review on your stay with us here at Newquay Quintrell Downs, and we look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
North Essex
Reviewed April 17, 2013

we enjoyed a three night break, caught up with friends and saw some fabulous scenery, thank you Premier Inn at Quintrell Downs Newquay. A first class service from a budget chain we intend to return soon.

Dear Guest

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to sit and write a review on the recent stay here at Newquay Quintrell Downs.

We always value our guest’s comments.
So for someone such as yourself to take the time out of the busy life to comment, and in such a positive way is always a welcomed sight.

So thank you once again and we all look forward to welcoming you back with us in the future.
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here when we visited Newquay and surrounding towns and villages. Like all motels, it provides a night's accommodation with few of the frills that some hotels provide. However, it is spotlessly clean, the decor is smart and functional, the staff friendly and helpful and it is well priced even before the reductions which are often available if you book in advance. There is an on-site restaurant that does breakfasts and evening meals which I was told by other guests was perfectly adequate if not haute cuisine!

The hotel is about two miles outside Newquay (its on a bus route should you need it) with easy access to the town. Within a thirty minutes lie the tourist delights of St Agnes, St Ives, Padstow, Tintagel and Boscastle. The place was also full of surfers and walkers on the Coast Path.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us here at Newquay Quintrell Downs.

Firstly thank you for your comments on the standard and cleanliness of the room that you had during the stay with us, I will pass on your comments to the housekeeping team and I am sure that will echo my thanks.
Likewise thank you for commenting in the service you received from the staff at the hotel. We always try provide every guest with polite, helpful and friendly service without being too intrusive.

We are also doubly blessed with both the location of the hotel within the Newquay area and in the county, which is great as you said for visiting the north of our great county, and also with the on-site restaurant and the wide selection of lovingly prepared food that they provide.

So once again thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review on your stay, and we all here both the staff from the hotel and the restaurant look forward to hopefully welcoming you back at some point in the future.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Room clean & tidy, good location, friendlly staff but the best bit was the reataurant food, best Premier restaurant food I have tasted in years and I have been to alot of Premier Inn's in the last 10 years.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
newquayquintrell, Manager at Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Firstly thank you very much for taking the time to sit and leave a review on your recent stay with us at Newquay Quintrell Downs.

Thank you commenting on the staff service you experienced.
We endeavour to provide a high standard of service to everyone that stays with us, so thank you commenting on the service you encountered.
Also thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of the room, I will make the housekeeping team aware of your review.

I am sure that the restaurant team will be echoing my thanks for the review also.
They do at times seem to come out on the wrong side of the reviews on Tripadvisor, so for you to leave such a great review for them is greatly appreciated.

On behave of myself and the restaurant team we look to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.
North Yorkshire
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The staff make this hotel and restaurant. They are friendly take an interest, and are helpful. Even on a friday night with a Drunken Rugby party in the restaurant.
The room is clean and roomy, we had a room over the roundabout and i live in the middle of the country 5 miles from anywhere, and had an undisturbed sleep, little bit of noise in the morning but not a problem.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review concerning you recent stay with us here at Newquay Quintrell Downs, and for also being so understanding where the rugby group are concerned.

As a company we pride ourselves in providing great customer service and for you to mention that in your review just shows us that we are doing our jobs properly and that our efforts haven’t gone unnoticed so we thank you.

Also thank you for commenting that despite the fact you had a room facing the roundabout it did not disturb your nights sleep and on the cleanliness of the room, I will make housekeeping aware of your comment.

In closing thank you very much for your review on your stay here with us and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the future.
Newquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We recently went here for a works reunion, a clean and modern venue with separated dining areas awaited us .I had mixed grill and paid extra for onion rings but what a bowlful!! the staff were very keen to help throughout, I did not make the last visit for our reunion as we were abroad but the organiser rebooked for a second time which I guess says it all. We will definitely return as a couple one evening being three miles from home.
The service time was excellent, getting all twelve served at the same time thanks again to the staff. Although we did not stay overnight so could not compare all aspects we found this part as good as our stay at a Premier inn at Goldsmith Street in Nottingham well done!!

Room Tip: I would think that rooms to the rear would be best this is on the outskirts of Newquay so I would no...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
newquayquintrell, Manager at Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Customer

Thanking you kindly for a lovely review.
The management team from the Treffry Tavern Table Table have been made aware of the review seeing as you placed on the hotel side not the restaurant side they don’t always see the reviews, but I have made then aware and I am sure that will as with my myself be thanking for taking the time to leave them such a positive review and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Many thanks
gloucestershire
Reviewed April 2, 2013

me & my husband stopped here for breakfast one morning and then an evening meal 2 days later as we were staying at a park down the road, breakfast was good, although there was not mych taste to the cooked breakfast & the breakfast waitress was a little un welcoming, we felt as a bit of an inconvenience.

The evening meal was okay, we have had better from this restaurant on this ocasion the waiter seemed helpful & friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer

Thank you very taking the time to write a review on your recent to the Treffry Tavern Table Table,

I have made the restaurant management team aware of your review, as they may not have seen it appear on the site due the fact that you placed your review on the hotel side of the business instead of the restaurant.
But rest assured as I said I have made the management team aware of the review.

Many thanks