“Superb B&B!”
Review of Chynoweth Lodge

Chynoweth Lodge
Ranked #19 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2012

W have seen many hotel's and B&B's in Newquay and we were a little worried when booking but the place is superb. Very clean, very nicely decorated. The owners are extremely nice they are always there to help and do it with a smile on their face. The breakfast was very nice. We will definitely be stopping their again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I was worried that the service might not be as good as it was high season but my breakfast was cooked to order, so mamy choices it was a struggle, fresh local ingrediants, piping hot and served with a smile. I stayed in a different room this time and this also had what appeared to be a fresh new bathroom and plenty of hot water despite the lodge being full. Cant fault the place and will continue to use it whenever I come to Newquay as everyone who stays there appears to be treated as someone special. Just wish I could transport the place to Turkey where Im visiting next.

Room Tip: Depends what you need the two rooms I have stayed in were both fab -- I would speak to Alison if you...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane B
Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Chynoweth Lodge last summer and were really impressed so came back. We weren't disappointed! Alison and Glenn are friendly and really helpful, the best days we had were as a result of their suggestions.
Great breakfast, lovely room, very clean. Faultless!
Better than any hotel, feels like a home from home. Thanks, see you again soon.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I chose this accommodation for a week break with my 4 year old daughter having read excellent reviews and we were not disappointed. We were greeted with a friendly smile and help with luggage after a gruelling 9 hour drive from Manchester and were allocated a family sized room for the 2 of us which was well appointed with a double and a single bed for my little girl. The room was clean and had everything we needed including tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer, TV and clean towels every day. Glen and Alison are great hosts and were very helpful in giving us advice on the local area - they also have a little girl and my daughter was made to feel very welcome by the family who didnt seem to mind my daughter wandering into their kitchen to play with their daughter when the rain came - its those small things which make the difference !! Breakfast was excellent - you couldnt ask for more in terms of choice. We tried everything and recommend the fresh omelettes - you need to pre-order. Theres an honesty bar in the lounge and a very lovely friendly dog to play with too. I cannot find any fault with this accommodation and have already recommended to others. It's conveniently located for Newquay but in a residential street so no noise and only 5 mins walk to Tolcarne Beach or 5 minutes into the town itself. As a single parent I often travel alone with my daughter and it's very rare for a hotel or B&B to make her feel so welcome. Thanks to Glen and Alison for a great stay. Secure parking too which is a bonus in this part of Cornwall.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

we stayed here last week first time in a B+B met Glen and Alison who were very helpful and kind. breakfast was average not the best we have had. great location very central. bed was very comfertable and all seemed well except for the shower. there was no water pressure and the shower was hard to control for the right tempreture. needs updating bigtime as the bathroom is very tired and dated. my only complaint is with how i was made to feel infront of other customers at breakfast time. i was the first person in to the breakfast dining room and was about to sit down when alison said ow hmmm thats where mr X has been sitting all week? would you mind moving??? correct me if im wrong but its a dining room and i will sit where i want. first come first served is the policy. i did not make a fuss and moved over? then she served mr X before me??? when i was the first there?? how rude!!!!!! not happy one little bit about that! then when my meal finnaly came it was cold. the tomatoes wernt cooked my eggs where undercooked and the sausages were cold? i just hope Alison never makes that mistake again by putting regular customers first as we are all paying customers. Glen was sound a great laugh and very helpful. great little place well worth the money. cute dog and great price!!! jk

Room Tip: make sure you go for the ground floor next to the kitchen
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kal A
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Have just returned from a 7 day break at the Chynoweth Lodge,it was my first stay.I found the hosts Alison and Glen most welcoming and helpful.My single room was clean and bright with a useful welcome pack.There was a vast choice for breakfast in the pleasant dining room.The whole hotel is spotlessly clean and very well run,it's position is in a great quiet location yet only minuets walk from the lively town centre,it also has secure car parking.All in all my stay was excellent and I hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Davidbent1949
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Good sized cleaned rooms, breakfast was good, but not amazing, secure parking. good central Newquay location without the noise. TV in the room is small, though there is a massive one in lounge, and it is little dated, at least our room was. The walls are a little thin so you do hear the fans from other rooms' bathrooms, but not really an issue as most guest sleep at a sensible time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple