“A real home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Treheveras Guest House
Ranked #64 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

From the moment I booked the stay here I felt very welcomed and I knew from speaking with the proprietor Marion that it was a great choice made. The price was more than reasonable and in comparison to some of the lower-rated 'hostel' type options it actually worked out cheaper. Going with one of my mates we were really only looking for somewhere to drop our gear and sleep each night but staying here was much more than that. Top floor with a beautiful sea view you could see for miles every morning and the room was spacious and very well presented. Beds were hotel-level and really comfortable with plenty of storage space around the room for our gear. Great shower and bathroom and a wall-mounted tv with a huge range of channels was a nice bonus. Breakfast was amazing every morning with a choice of fruit juices, cereals, fresh fruit, tea, coffee, different types of toast and even a selection of various nuts and yogurts to accompany them. This was before you decided on what hot breakfast you'd like and although we always went for the delicious full English every time I would often hear Marion offering to cook all manner of things for some of the guests children if they didn't fancy this. It was reading about Treheveras here on Trip Advisor that I noticed the review from the person who had special dietary requirements and that Marion had gone out especially to buy food to accommodate this. It was this review that had caught my eye and I knew this was a place that wanted to look after it guests and make them feel really welcome and I was hugely impressed by that given these days it is lacking so often in all manner of places.

In a nutshell, we always felt welcomed and relaxed and if I'm honest it was like spending time with a member of your family while on your holidays. Marion does a terrific job and is such a warm and friendly person-everyone staying there at the time looked very content and always happy to see her each morning and she should be congratulated for running one of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in.

A last thing I wanted to mention was the perfect location of Treheveras. It is far enough away from the bustling town centre so you don't get kept awake by all the groups of people but close enough to stroll down into it with ease. Apart from the gorgeous views it is perfectly positioned between two of Newquays main beaches including Fistral which is only a few minutes walk away from the front door. Parking is never a problem as if you struggle to get a space outside on the road there is a large council-run car park no more than 50 yards away which always had spaces. What's even better, is that Marion can obtain discount rates meaning where you would normally pay £8 per day through the machine, you only pay £2.50 per day for one of the passes she orders!! Food throughout the day is never a problem because within 1 minute of walking outside into town you have the famous Red Lion pub. We ate here every night and some dinner times too and the staff were great serving delicious food every time. A hearty choice in the menu, including blackboard specials and their signature steaks all cooked on an open grill in the corner of the bar area. I can also recommend the chicken breast burger with bacon, melted cheese and fries as well as the beer battered fish & chips which was a clear favourite with most of the customers. In addition you pass Sainsburys on the same route into town which is only another minute from the Red Lion. All in all it's definitely the nicer and quieter part of Newquay with all the best parts of where you want to go. Add to that clearly one of the nicest B&B's going and you might wonder, like me, how Treheveras hasn't yet taken the top spot here on Trip Advisor. Give it time though ;)

Thanks again Marion and with absolute certainty we will be recommending you to everyone. The next trip to Newquay you'll be the only place we call ;)

Matt & Chris

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed June 23, 2012

We booked this B and B last minute to attend a wedding in Newquay and we were not dissapointed! The room was beautiful, very comfortable beds and spotlessly clean. The view over the Newquay bay is lovely from the bedroom window! Breakfast on both days had plenty of choice including cooked and cereals etc. The b and b owner was very approachable and could not be more helpful when asking for directions and recommendations of where to go/eat out. Next time we are back in Cornwall we will be booking back in!

Room Tip: Bedroom 6 has a great view and very comfortable bed!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I stayed at Treheveras in a twin room with a sea view with a friend. Room was spacious and clean, very comfortable. The owner was really lovely and went that extra mile to make sure we had a lovely stay. She was also able to cater for our dietary requirements; I am coeliac so told her I was on a gluten free diet and my friend is Vegan. She went out especially to provide us with a gorgeous breakfast (dairy free butter, soya milk etc, plus gluten free cereal, bread etc).

location was great - really close to Fistral beach and surfiing school, also close to town. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Top floor twin room with sea view was lovely
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed at the Treheveras guest house for two nights over the bank holiday weekend and had a lovely time. The room had a fantastice view over the bay and was very comfortable, clean and with beautiful decoration and furnishings. There was also a flat screen TV. The breakfast was delicious, Marion offered to cook any combinations of English breakfast you wanted, with juices,fruit and cereal also available. The location was ideal... 5 mins walk to the beach, harbour and town. Parking was also available. Thank you Marion for making it a lovely stay and if I'm every back in Newquey I will def come back.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My husband and I stopped for 4 nights at the Trehevera Guest House in July 2011. The room had an amazing view over Fistral complete with window seat! The guest house was spotless, very good breakfast and Marion the owner was friendly and cheerful! It is 5 minutes walk into centre of Newquay yet away from hustle and bustle. We will definitely be back! A perfect holiday!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We stayed two night's at this B&B and are very pleased. The proprietor Marion gave us a warm welcome and made our stay very comfortable. She even brought us a pot of coffee, after we checked out, while waiting for the train in the lounge. Even though Newquay is a quite busy and noisy town the Treheveras, lying a couple of minutes from the town centre, was undisturbed by the noise and a good place to relax. The room we stayed in, nr 7, was newly refurbished and had a superb view over Fistral beach and the atlantic. This B&B had one of the best "value for money" of all the B&B's we have stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My husband and I have visited cornwall for 10 years and decided to have a long weekend stay in Newquay for old times sake. We chose the Treheveras as we had stayed here previously about 6 years ago and the location is by far the best in Newquay, only 5 minutes walk to Fistral beach and a minute stumble to the famous Red lion pub. The guesthouse has changed hands since our last stay, and I must say that it's all the better for it!
All the rooms have been refurbished and are modern and tastefully decorated. The room we stayed in was really comfortable, with a lovely view. The facilities are great for the price; tea and coffee in your room and comfy bed and pillows, which is hard to come by in most guest houses.
Marion, the owner is wonderful and cooks a great English breakfast, which we found set us up for the day (we didn't need lunch whilst we were out once!) All in all, I would highly recommend this guest house to anyone visiting Newquay, or just looking for a base to explore the rest of Cornwall.

Room Tip: Opt for a room overlooking Fistral and golf course
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple