After having such a lovely experience at Atlantic Reach last year, we booked again for our holiday in June. Last's year's property was great & I thought we had booked the standard cottage, so I booked standard for this year's holiday. We were quite shocked at the difference! The decor hadn't been updated since the 1970's - all dark wood paneling everywhere, scratched & battered and dog scratchings on the dark wood doors, and the cupboards & dressers were bashed up & repaired with odd pieces of wood. The lights were all very low wattage, which made the place dim & dark. That said, aside from the scratches & wall damage, the place was spotless with clean carpets & the old avocado bathroom suite was looking mint condition even though it was so old.
We asked reception about why last year our accommodation was so much better - it turned out I had paid for their better cottage. They offered us for just £30 more a week to upgrade. what a difference! The modern & bright accommodation we experienced before! So if you have dogs & wild children or a wild stag/hen party & don't want to be too worried about the decor, the standard may suit your needs, but for a retired couple, we felt it worth to pay more for the best standard.
We were a bit disappointed the restaurant was closed & taken to another location on the property & only open now for a few days a week. We had enjoyed eating at the restaurant before, now it's part of the pub there. Very nice, but no food daily. The gym has been enlarged & is very good, the indoor & outdoor pools are clean. There is play equipment for young & older kids out in the communal gardens. I feel it's a safe place for kids.
Again, the staff are outstanding! Friendly & helpful. We chose Atlantic Reach because we wanted to re-visit the Eden Project. I looked around for other holiday homes, but this offers the most & is also the lowest cost of all the accommodations I looked at. Thank you to Atlantic Reach for another relaxing & lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Reach is a leading family holiday resort set in 50 acres of countryside, close to Newquay in Cornwall and is open all year round. It is easily accessible from the A30, and allows easy access to all the beautiful sights of Cornwall including The Eden Project and some of Cornwall's top beaches. The South West Coast Path offers some spectacular walking along cliffs, headlands and beaches. Our facilities include swimming pools, large gym with regular activities for children and adults, Spa with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, golf course, indoor soft play centre, bar, restaurant, entertainment during school holidays and more. We have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom holiday homes at Atlantic Reach and some are available with private Hot Tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Atlantic Reach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Reach Hotel Newquay
- Atlantic Reach Newquay, Cornwall