We enjoyed our stay at Atlantic reach. We stayed in a 4 bedroomed gold accomadation, this was all very modern and clean lots of bathrooms for everyone. We went as a party of 7 there was lots of space and we enjoyed cooking a bbq outside.
As you come on to Atlantic Reach you have to pass through the older accomadation which is extremely run down and can be a bit off putting but as soon as you turn the corner and see the new houses you feel a little better.
The reception was good on arrival and we got our keys well before the 5 o'clock time they say which was good. The children went for a swim in the indoor pool while we were waiting so that was good that you can use this as soon as you arrive.
We visited the restaurant only once as the food was cold when it arrived so we had to send back two meals, so we didn't get to eat altogether so this spoilt it a little but they did take one meal off the bill. A warning though to all the extra costs that you can occur the pirate pete's play centre which we thought was part of the facilities you can use has a charge on it £2 for one hour but it was so hot in there the children don't stay for an hour they come out then want to go back again which is another £2. This can mount up over a week. The Golf is also extra. The only free thing on site is the indoor pool.
It is a good point to go off to many lovley beaches, Lusty Glaze, Watergate Bay and Porth. (Take a picnic to watergate bay very expensive to buy food there as there are no shops just one take away place). We had a lovely time but the on site restaurant and all the extra charges put us off going back again as they are not listed in any information prior to booking.
Porter Family Wolverhampton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Reach is a leading family holiday resort set in 50 acres of countryside, close to Newquay in Cornwall and is open all year round. It is easily accessible from the A30, and allows easy access to all the beautiful sights of Cornwall including The Eden Project and some of Cornwall's top beaches. The South West Coast Path offers some spectacular walking along cliffs, headlands and beaches. Our facilities include swimming pools, large gym with regular activities for children and adults, Spa with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, golf course, indoor soft play centre, bar, restaurant, entertainment during school holidays and more. We have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom holiday homes at Atlantic Reach and some are available with private Hot Tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Atlantic Reach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Reach Hotel Newquay
- Atlantic Reach Newquay, Cornwall