“Perfect for what you need..”
Review of Jasmine House

Jasmine House
Ranked #18 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed at the Jasmine House B&B as we were attending a wedding near by. Perfect location to stroll into Newquay.

Rooms were lovely, clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast was yummy, great service.

Cindy was very welcoming, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Thank you for having us.

Amie

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A group of us stayed the night before a festival as we were travelling a long way, such a lovely place in a perfect location! Top notch breakfast and a comfy bed! We loved the fact they had ducks and chickens too! Also would love to thank the owners for being so flexible as one of the rooms our party was in didn't arrive till crazy o'clock in the morning and they left a key out specially for them! Thanks!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have used trip advisor for many years and have stayed in many hotels and bed and breakfasts over the years. This is the first time i have ever reviewed any accomodation. I am doing this because of a chat witht the owner of a hotel called the ansteylea hotel in Torquay. he told me about how he was so far down the list on tripadvisor and I said I would review him and I am doing that next.

I have just returned from a trip to Newquay and Torquay. The first two nights I stayed at the Jasmine house with another adult and child. The rooms are nicely decorated and everything is clean and smart.

I arrived at 3pm Sunday afternoon and there was nobody there to meet us. I nearly left and checked in else where when after quite a while the owner turned up. The next time I saw anybody at all was at 10.30am on Tiuesday morning. I wanted to know the internet code to access wifi but I could not find anyone in the hotel at any time. I even phoned the hotel and left an answer machine meassge saying I was staying in the hotel and I wanted to speak to someone about the internet etc and noboy got back to me or even mentioned this. I did this during the stay and nobody even acknowledged my message. There is no way they dont check their answer machines so they have ignored me.

I did notice a hand written note written on the door and keys that i did not understand and there was one every day I was there. One of them said that they had to go to the hospital at one point so I accept this might have been a bad time but not being at the hotel at all for over two days and not even acknoledging my answer machine message is very poor

The room i stayed in was obviously right next to another room and when that room's occupant turned on the tap the room shook. This is to be expected in hotels/b and b's lie this but it was the worst that I have ever heard.

overall - poor
thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank matt d
jasminehousenewquay, Owner at Jasmine House, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Hi matt all i can do is apologise for the problems that occured for you on your stay at jasmine house firstly we were at the accommodation during your stay but you were in your room for quite a bit of the day so this is why we were not about. yes you are correct about hospital my husband infact was given some rather bad news so we were at the hospital 2 days in a row having tests which is why keys were left for customers to let themselves in . im sorry but didnt get your message until you actually had already left as i didn,t check as things have been bad for us but this is not your fault. most of our reviews are good and i,m sorry you caught us on a bad couple of days.

Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights at the beginning of July. The two of us and the dog were made to feel very welcome. Lovely breakfast and a relaxed atmosphere. Within about 20 min walking distance into newquay town. A great stay and would definitely come back. Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed 4 nights and have been treated like we were their own family. (where can you find same??) Well organised and super-breakfast. Nice+ clean rooms as you can see on their site.
TIP:When you do like surfing + pool, ask for their special room.
Really can not tell anything negative!Just that other bandb's can be jealous!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had a lovely stay. Our little girl really enjoyed playing with the hens and other animals in the garden. Brilliant breakfast with freshly laid eggs. The room was a good size for the whole family (4 of us) and even had a pool table in it. Location is fantastic for the beach and good for the town centre too. We would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Jasmine House.
Very welcoming hosts really make a difference; Cindy in particular went above and beyond in doing a load of laundry for me.
I had a comfortable twin room. Decoration was quite kitsch! I thoroughly enjoyed the great shower pressure and the yummy & plentiful breakfast!
I was travelling alone but always felt safe.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo