“Coach Trip - Very Enjoyable Stay”
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights on a National Holidays coach trip - about £250 pp Dinner (including some drinks), Bed and Breakfast plus Entertainment, with travel there and back, and two excursions. All in early September - a very good time to visit Cornwall

We had a sea view with a bay window on the top floor. Brilliant view. Somewhat erratic shower. We had the impression that not everyone had such a comfortable room - we were very pleased with ours

Food was of a good standard with friendly and efficient table service

Enjoyable entertainment - some was of a high standard - unusually in our experience, all of the performers were comedian/singers

Yes the hotel needs an upgrade in most respects - typical well-worn coach tour venue, but judged on its own terms and with one of the better rooms, this was a good choice

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank roy-c
Jason H, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your room and stay with us here at the Marina Hotel , I totally agree that the sea view rooms have a wonderful outlook over Tolcarne Beach its sertainly a lovely location.

You mentioned the need to have some upgrades and I would just like to mention that we are planning on investing money quite soon into some of the areas that do need some attention, hopefully if you return you will be able to notice this.

I will pass on your compliments to the entertatinment team and hope we see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Marina Hotel

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Just returned from a 5 day national holidays stay. Hotel is a bit dated but at least it was clean andwe had a walk in shower as some rooms only have baths.Food was good and so were the drinks. Staff really helpful and friendly. Could do with a covered area for smokers though!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank LYNNE822

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday with us I will pass on your compliments to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some future point.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have just returned from a National Holidays five day trip to the Marina Hotel, Newquay. We had a good journey down and were soon allocated our rooms. Got to say I was disappointed with our room,it looked on to the side of the hotel next door and was full of all their cooking smells, so had to keep the windows closed which meant the room was very hot. Room very run down as is the staircases, wallpaper off walls, worn carpet, lots of things that could soon be rectified without costing the earth. Now for the pros, the food was excellent, lots of choices and fresh vegetables every day. Our waiter, Sam, was great, he was the speediest waiter we have ever met!! The entertainment started off really well for the first two days then did go a bit downhill after that. The comedian was brilliant, he made everyone laugh without resorting to swearing and smutty jokes. The drinks were very good, we each had four vouchers to spend each day, two vouchers and £4 bought you a very nice bottle of Vina Sol and a spirit and a mixer were one voucher. The barmaid Kathryn deserves as special mention, she worked really hard, serving, collecting glasses and washing them. Two trips were included to St Ives and Falmouth. All in all really good value for money. Special mention to Keith our driver who looked after everyone and coped well when we broke down on the A19 and had to wait 90 minutes for a replacement coach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank AnnDixon
Jason H, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for you recent review, I will pass on you compliments to Kath, Sm and the rest of the staff at our next meeting. We are investing more money into the hotel shortly to make improvements which is part of our continuing strategy.

Hopefully you will return at some future point and see these for yourselves.

Once again thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Travelled to Newquay with national holidays for a five day holiday, as a few people have said some parts of the hotel need attention but we understand there is an on going refurbishment We were a party of 8 me and my partner in room 18 and my sister and her husband in room 19, no complaints at all, clean and comfy room, Amber the cleaner very cheerful and efficient, my friend and her mum, ground floor twin room again no complaints and their

cleaner ,nothing was too much trouble, the only room that wasn't upto scratch was my mum and 10 year old daughters room, room 11 it smelt of damp and as the hotel was full they couldn't be moved although they were offered a room in the sister hotel next door they didn't want to be in a different hotel to the rest of our party , the manager and staff looked at the room the next morning and seemed to rectify the problem of the smell although there is a damp issue in the room . The food was excellent and our waitress Shirley was very good and again nothing was too much trouble, and offered alternatives to the menu for our daughter, the entertainment was good traditional holiday entertainment with bingo to start with , we all had a good laugh and the gala night was very good with Katherine. Newquay is a lovely place and the hotel is within walking distance of the town, we could have easily stayed longer, we would deffinately recommend the Marina hotel and national holidays and would stay again but longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank dianeb642013
Jason H, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Marina Hotel. With regards your observations on room 11 this room is due to be refurbished as part of our development in the near future.

I agree that Newquay is a lovely area to visit and with the Hotel in such a good location it does make an excellent base to explore.

I will pass on your praise to Kath and the rest of the staff and we will hopefully see you return at some point in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Travelled to Newquay with National Coach holidays with family and yes as others have said the hotel does need a little updating but we had a brilliant stay, nice room fresh towels everyday comfy bed . All of the staff the hotel manager, deputy manager, ( who did her own entertainment night which we really enjoyed) the bar and cleaning staff, waiting staff ( Shirley was lovely really looked after us) were fantastic really helpful and made us feel very welcome. The night time entertainment was good too just what we needed to wind down after a busy day we had such a good laugh. The food was excellent lovely cooked breakfast good choice of cereals etc and the evening meals were just as good too couldn't fault them for choice or quality We are hoping to return to Newquay next year and would definitely stay at this hotel again. Well done Marina Hotel keep up the good work and thank you.

Room Tip: Wish we had booked sea view room the scenery is stunning from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank milly1862

Thank you for your lovely review I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us here in Newquay. I will certainly pass on your comments to the staff in particular Kath who did your entertainment on the Monday night and also Shirley.

I hope when you return that you take the opportunity to book a sea view room as the views are spectacular across Tolcarne Beach especially the sun set during the evening. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have just been on National Holidays 7 day all inclusive, and myself, wife and 7 yr old daughter had a great time. The hotel to be honest needs a lot of updating judging by our triple room (room 70), but having said that, the whole staff were absolutey fantastic in every way (especially Tracey who served our table). The evening entertainment was ace 3of the nights, and myself got involved ha. Everything was excellent the food 1st class. The only issue was the room but it did the 'job'. Damp, holes in walls,toilet took ages till you could flush it again and bathroom in general, very tired.The staff are brilliant.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Bethchar
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your recent break with us here at the Marina Hotel, I will pass on your compliments to Tracey and also the entertainment team.

As you can imagine with any busy hotel it can sometimes be difficult to refurbish rooms as they are constantly in use and do become tired, however we are in the process currently of planning our next lot of refurbishment including room 70, so these issues you have mentioned should then be rectified and brought up to spec.

Hopefully we will see you again here at the Marina Hotel in the future.

Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I am just back from the Marina at Newquay and felt I must write a review. The hotel was good
though in need of some updating as most similar priced hotels are. Our room no. 48 was very
comfortable and clean. I cruise a lot where the food is 5 star but I thought the food was wonderful.
Cooked and served well. All the staff could not do enough for you. The hotel is opposite a lovely
beach and also very near the town centre. National took us to lots of lovely places and the drivers
were very knowledgeable about the area. All in all this was the best National trip we have had
and we do two every year. Value for money was beyond compare. I would love to visit this
hotel again soon (with my husband next time)

Room Tip: our room was number 48 and was at the rear of the property but had new beds carpet and curtains and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I am truly pleased to read your lovely review as you stated with regards room 48 we are continually seeking to make improvements to the rooms and its always pleasent to have this acknowledged.

I will pass on your comments to all the staff and I look forward to seeing you return to the hotel with your husband at some point in the future.