“Good hotel for the mature traveller”
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Preston
“Good hotel for the mature traveller”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Recently stay at the Marina Hotel, our comments would be, that the hotel is well located, food and staff great, however bedrooms are slightly cold and all entertainment is geared for the mature traveller

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Twinkle33
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments I agree that the hotel is in an excellent location overlooking the beach and being a short walk to the town centre.

I will pass on your compliments to the staff at our next meeting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A good location on the seafront and not far from the resorts facilities (5 mins walk) room was good with everything provided and cleaned every day, food was great and the staff were always there to help in a very friendly way.

Room Tip: "Higher floor is awaiting refurbishment at the moment"
3 Thank keithandirene
Thank you for your recent review it was a pleasure having you stay with us and I am pleased you enjoyed your holiday here at the Marina Hotel.

As you mentioned we are in an excellent position being so close to the local town centre and amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Newquay at some point in the future.
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner have just returned from 3 nights away with national holidays staying at The Marina Hotel

The location couldn't have been better it was on the sea front and a short walk from the centre

The food was good-not hotel standard but tasty non the less

The room (38) was a little on the small side and had a sink in the room?! It was in need of updating and was pretty tierd!

The staff were excellent, friendly and approachable!

The four free drinks a night were great, but on arrival we were given cards that were stamped each night by the staff as we used them, the free drinks on the back of the card clearly said you could have Smirnoff vodka, Bacardi and many other branded drinks but when we went to get a drink on the first night we were told they were wrong and you couldn't have branded drinks without paying extra don't get me wrong 50p or £1 isn't much but if your advertising something you should honour it!!

Entertainment now all 3 acts that performed were very good and I understand you have to go with the majority but seriously I don't think I heard a song played after the 50's I completely understand I'm not going to get Lady Gaga or Jessie J but there were a lot of great songs from the 70's and 80's which I'm sure would have been greatly received by all

Overall it was a nice getaway and I would return just a few things that need to be changed- I wouldn't pay full price for the hotel but for what we did pay it wasn't bad

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank denise u
Thank you for your review, its something that we welcome getting positive and constructive feedback from our guest and we try to take on board all comments made.

I have to say I totally agree with you on the location of the hotel situated right across from Tolcarne Beach its an exceptional view and location.

The entertainment offered is aimed at covering a wide spectrum of tastes but of course this is not always possible but we do try to provide variety.

We have a dedicated policy on upgrading rooms on a rolling basis and we have completed a number of rooms recently.

We look forward to hopefully seeing you again if not here then at one of our other many hotels throughout the country.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

very tired and old hotel cold bedrooms , damp on bedroom walls , water pouring in bathroom ceiling , NOT GOOD ,I had a room on the top floor of the hotel which had a nice sea view the rooms on the ground floor were all at the back of the hotel looking on to the fire escape . the food was ok and you had a choice of menu but it could have been hotter .dining room was nice and the bar area was ok .

Room Tip: top floor rooms have a sea veiw
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 270156
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Positive side of this hotel is the location. there is a beach just across the busy road but there is a traffic light nearby so it is no problem. Entertaiment was good, but too much bingo)) .
There was done refurbishment in room, bed was comfortable, cleaning was done. Bathroom was let down, no heating there. I dont think this hotel has deserved 4 stars.
Food was average, but staff are good, polite and attentive.

2 Thank inpredictable
Thanks you for your review and your positive remarks on the refurbished rooms, with regards the entertainment I am glad you found it in the whole enjoyable the Bingo is definitely not for everybody as you said however a number of guests do expect it and we try to offer variety.

I will pass on your compliments to the staff and I hope we see you return to the hotel at some future point.
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

stayed at the marina hotel newquay on 2/01/13 on a national holidays break the hotel was good value dont expect the ritz and you will be happy the foods good people great rooms more than addequate will be going back again location is perfect for peaceful holiday far enough from town centre but overlooking beach

Room Tip: ask for a shower
2 Thank jimlo1963
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and feel that we give good value, I agree totally that the location is perfect for exploring the area.

I will pass on your comments to all the staff and look forward to seeing you return.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Once again I must comment on this hotel , this was our 5th visit and once again Jason and the team did not disappoint we had our usual room no 56 with splendid views. The staff were their usual friendly selves which is why we keep returning, altho we must give a special mention to Tracy our dining room waitress who was exceptional , nothing was too much trouble for her she always had a cheery smile and a cheeky chuckle and looked after us extremely well ....... thanks Tracy.
The entertainment was also good with Adam Fox a great guitarist and Steve [comedian/singer] and a very funny magician who's name escapes me. The bar staff are also very friendly so thanks to all of them especially Diane.
This hotel is in a great position overlooking tolcarne beach and a 10 minute walk from town with good shops or you can take the coastal path and enjoy the wonderful scenery and watch the surfers.
We are looking forward to our 6th visit at the end of the year for more of the same !!!

Room Tip: room 56 has lovlely views of the beach and over to the headland and good for watching the surfers
5 Thank Myra H
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
It was great to see you back again, thanks for your lovely comments as usual. The name of the magician was Gary Mac!!

I will pass on your compliments to the staff and particularly Tracy when she returnfs from her Holiday.

I think the views from room 56 and indeed the rest of our sea view rooms are amazing its a view you just never get tired off.

Myself and the staff look forward to seeing you again at the end of the year.