“A view to dine for.”
Review of Lewinnick Lodge

Lewinnick Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Lewinnick Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled above the cliffs of Pentire Headland, looking out across the mighty Atlantic, The Lewinnick Lodge has probably one of the best coastal views anywhere in the county. Serving modern British food with an emphasis on fresh fish, the Lodge has long been established as the premier location to enjoy fine Cornish fare and hospitality. 'The Lodge' is open for breakfast from 8am and serves food throughout the day until 10pm (10.30Pm in the summer), everyday of the year. You can choose to dine in our restaurant, bar, beer garden or on the sun terrace - wherever the mood or occasion takes you! We offer modern British and world cuisine using the best local produce. Our ethos is simple, fresh seasonal produce, prepared on the premises by a team of talented chefs. We aim to cater for all tastes on our regular menus but if you are a lover of fresh fish and seafood then our twice daily changing specials will have you coming back time and again. We now also offer 10 stunning boutique style bedrooms so you never have to leave!
Reviewed July 9, 2013

One of the main attractions of Lewinnick Lodge is its location, high on the rocky Pentire Headland, overlooking Fistral bay. When the sun sets over the Atlantic, the whole restaurant is bathed in orange light. It is popular and busy, so you need to book but the atmosphere and service is modern, friendly and informal. If the wind is calm you can take your aperitif on the terrace or you can watch the waves from the extensive bar area. The menu is quite extensive with a proper Cornish emphasis on fish and locally sourced food. Such is the range on offer that we were able to choose a variety of different fish : mackerel, prawns, sea bass and sole for starter and main course. The fish was accompanied by interesting sauces and vegetables. The wine list has plenty of options to suit your wallet and food. The range of deserts is varied: from the delicate to the hearty. We've eaten at a number of restaurants on the Cornish coast and feel that for a combination of atmosphere, view, food and value, this is hard to beat.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,957)

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Me and my partner decided to come here after a week staying in cornwall. It is down a long road that looks like your probably going in the wrong direction. But if you ignore everything inside you telling you have taken the wrong road and to go back, you will eventually arrive at a stunning building at a peninsula just south of Newquay. The decor is very contemporary and seems to be aimed more towards those that are slightly more affluent but have not yet reached that snobby part of their life. We were given a nice seat in the window over looking the sea. I had a very generous portion of salt and pepper squid which was cooked to perfection and tasted absolutely amazing and my partner had a very nice soup. I had a burger for mains which I found was ok but nothing i couldn't do myself and my partner had a steak that we asked for medium but received well done, but we didn't complain because we aren't that picky. It came with a very nice diane sauce.
The service from all the staff was great and I couldn't fault them. Everyone was friendly and food and drinks came in a very short amount of time. the surroundings were brilliant and atmosphere to lovely too. I would definitely go again when we next go to Cornwall.

LLodge, Manager at Lewinnick Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experiences - hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went out for lunch, it was a lovely sunny day so the place was packed.
Sometimes I find the prices a bit high for what your getting but today I was more than happy with what i got for my money.
We shared a duck salad and squid which both tasted wonderful.
We will definitely going back soon!

1  Thank Yasmin H

The squid is one of our favorites too! Thanks for the comments

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner here on the last day of our holiday and were treated to a magnificent sunset. The atmosphere was buzzing and the food was delicious. The crab bruschetta was great and the chilli and tiger prawn linguine was superb and a huge portion. It wouldve been rude to not have dessert so I opted for the creme brulee with the most delicious strawberries I've ever tasted. Would most definately recommend and go back if I was in newquay again.

Glad you enjoyed it! Wait until you come and try our new menu next time you are here!

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We were here during the school holidays so it was very busy (people being turned away) but fortunately we'd booked a table. Service at the table was very good and the waiting staff were great with the kids.
There was a bit of a wait for the food but we put this down to it getting increasingly busy whilst we were there (had an early booking) and the food being prepared fresh.

Thanks for the feedback - summer is our busiest time of year and we do try our best to get it right