“See my review that I left as a day visitor to Hendra Holiday Park”
Review of Oasis Fun Pools

Oasis Fun Pools
Ranked #20 of 65 things to do in Newquay
More attraction details
Owner description: The Oasis Fun Pools in Newquay is the ideal attraction for the whole family whatever the weather! With a choice of two fabulous swimming pools for all the family, a river rapid ride to take your breath away, water cannon and geyser for a real soaking, a giant tap, fountains and waterfalls too! Three fabulous water flumes… The fast and furious high speed aqua whiz flume, the exciting wet & wild 265ft super flume, and the fun for all gentle fun slide! Water splashing, spray-tastic, squirty wet and watery fun for everyone! For safety reasons use of the flumes is restricted to competent swimmers and those over 1 metre in height. Use of the River Rapid Ride is restricted to competent swimmers and those over 1.2 metres in height. Non-swimmers must be accompanied in the water at a ratio of 1 adult swimmer to 2 non-swimmers. All children under 9 years, regardless of swimming ability, must be accompanied by an adult in the water at a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children. We reserve the right to ask children to do a swim test if unaccompanied by an adult.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have just left a review regarding the terrible service that I received last week at the Oasis pool. I left this under the Hendra Holiday Park listing so please read this before ou even think about using the pools at Hendra.

2  Thank Suzanne C
Hendraservices, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Fun Pools, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of this and will pass on all comments to the Pool Manager to make sure that something like this does not happen again. It sounds like it was a till error which was hard to rectify, but you should have been treated much better. We do apologise and do hope you will give us another chance.

All reviews
"life guards"
in 16 reviews
"big kids"

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My son and I were staying at a nearby holiday park and we passed Hendra a couple of times noting that the swimming pools were advertised as being open to non residents. After a day on the beach one day we decided to go in at around 4pm. We were offered the option of paying for either access to the indoor pool or the outdoor pool or both. My son wanted to go in the rapids and on the waterslides so we paid around £18 for access to the indoor pool. Once we got in there we found that the rapids were not working. We went on the slides a couple of times and then decided that it would be nice to finish the day in the outdoor pool. We went to the desk and asked if we could upgrade and pay the extra £5 to cover access to the outside pool. The lady on the desk was quite possibly the most unhelpful person I have ever come across and without wishing to sound flippant was the very embodiment of the 'computer says no' character on Little Britain. She explained that we simply couldn't do this as 'she didn't have a button on the till that let you pay the extra' and that we were offered the chance to buy the combined inside and outside pool access when we arrived and basically it was our problem that we didn't take this up at the time. She also said that 'we should have arrived earlier' when I pointed out that as was so late in the day was the anyway that she would just let us through then given that the was no facility on the till to process our additional payment. She refused so I asked to speak to the manager. She went off and spoke o a gentleman in a windowed office who looked at us through the glass and sent her out again to tell us that the only way we could access the pool outside was to pay AGAIN the full amount for combined access of £22. As we had already paid £18 I naturally refused and demanded that he come out o speak with me. He reluctantly did so and I suggested that an easy way to solve the problem would be to refund us the original £18 and then take another payment of £22. He really didn't want to do this, the explanation being that 'we have to answer questions from the directors of the company every time we mess up the till' I explained that I would be delighted to answer any director's question in this case if he would care to ask a director to come and see me. At this point there was a large queue of people behind me and he had the nerve to say that I had caused the queue and this was exactly why they did not allow people to do what I was looking to do.

All in all this was a terrible experience with customer service. I was dealt with in a rude and unhelpful manner by staff who clearly have either not received sufficient training in customer care or who are relaying a message from the management of this establishment that the customer is a general nuisance and should be treated as such. In the end the manager refunded our original payment and allowed us to pay again in full so we could swim outside. The entire process took over 35 minutes at the end of a day and could have been dealt with in a much better way.

9  Thank Suzanne C

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The flumes are great and if you get there early the queues are short. Kept the kids entertained for hours, definitely value for money. We stayed at Hendra caravan park so got concession tickets which were great but even if we weren't staying at the park it's definitely somewhere great to take the kids to, especially on a rainy day when the beach isn't an option!

1  Thank lana1803
Hendraservices, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Fun Pools, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your five star review. We are so pleased you had a good time and the kids enjoyed themselves. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were hoping the pools to be a little bigger but the slides made up for this, the red slide was by far the best, I have no idea how fast you go but it feels at least 50mph. another fun part Is the whirl pool sadly it only lasts a short while

Hendraservices, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Fun Pools, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you liked the red slide and the whirlpool. We hope to see you again.