“Great fun even for young non-swimmer”
Review of Oasis Fun Pools

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Oasis Fun Pools
Ranked #20 of 63 things to do in Newquay
More attraction details
Owner description: The Oasis Fun Pools in Newquay is the ideal attraction for the whole family whatever the weather! With a choice of two fabulous swimming pools for all the family, a river rapid ride to take your breath away, water cannon and geyser for a real soaking, a giant tap, fountains and waterfalls too! Three fabulous water flumes… The fast and furious high speed aqua whiz flume, the exciting wet & wild 265ft super flume, and the fun for all gentle fun slide! Water splashing, spray-tastic, squirty wet and watery fun for everyone! For safety reasons use of the flumes is restricted to competent swimmers and those over 1 metre in height. Use of the River Rapid Ride is restricted to competent swimmers and those over 1.2 metres in height. Non-swimmers must be accompanied in the water at a ratio of 1 adult swimmer to 2 non-swimmers. All children under 9 years, regardless of swimming ability, must be accompanied by an adult in the water at a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children. We reserve the right to ask children to do a swim test if unaccompanied by an adult.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My daughter's one wish for our holiday was to go to a splash pool and down a water slide but I was having trouble finding a pool where a non-swimmer (She is 6 and not yet swimming without aids) can go down the slides. A friend recommended Oasis at Hendra to us. My daughter was very happy to be able to go down the Green slide whilst sitting on my lap so her holiday wish came true. It was quite pricey (£17ish for 2 adults and 1 child) and I wouldn't pay this to go swimming at home. However we certainly got our money's worth and were not at all disappointed once inside. There are 3 pools all linked together to cater for little ones. The bigger pool has a few fun features such as a "big tap" and a big bubble blower that comes up in the middle of the big pool now and then. There are 3 slides in all, the tamer green one (I say tame but it is still very good) a blue one where you sit in a rubber ring and a scary red one which my husband enjoyed! Other facilities are OK, staff all friendly and helpful and the changing rooms and showers were clean despite being very busy. I would have preferred a proper private shower cubical but there are no doors on the private stalls, the showers themselves were good though. We ended up staying for a good hour and a half the first day and then we went back the next day for another 2 hours!! Daughter very happy... I would strongly recommend visiting early in the day. We arrived at 10am both days and were so glad we did. By the time we left each day (around 11:30/12noon) the pools were getting very busy, there were queues for the slides and the car park was full. Well worth a visit though, we will be back!!

Hendraservices, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Fun Pools, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are so pleased we had a part in making your daughter's holiday wish come true. We hope to see you at Oasis again.

There are newer reviews for Oasis Fun Pools

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have been coming to hendra all my life, with my parents and now with my children. Its much more expensive now though. The pool is amazing, but I do findit very pricey, look out for vouchers in the local papers. Don't listen to the bad reviews, its a lovely pool and has a big area for little ones. The flumes are great, staff are friendly. I have told many people abot this place and they have all holidyaed there. I should have discount lol!! We are local and swim there often, its a really lovely site all round. The bar is nice and the food is good vale too. I'd definitely say this is the best site in Newqua!!!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed the Pool and appreciate your recommendations. We look forward to seeing you at Oasis soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We took our children aged 7 & 9 who both had a good time.
My daughter who can swim enjoyed going on all the slides & in the rapids but my son who needs armbands was only allowed on one slide much to his disappointment! The rapids were disappointing to say the least & we couldn't understand why our son couldn't go in them with an adult!!!!
Value for money better on a quiet day as we stayed for about 3 hours instead of just a 1 hour 30min session for £20!!
The changing rooms were clean & warm which is a bonus!!

Hendraservices, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Fun Pools, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like overall you had a good time. We do have to take health and safety seriously so that is why your son had restrictions.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went here as was going to waterworld again which was closed for the schools. Water was very cold, changing rooms small and no slides for little ones such as at waterworld.

1  Thank Stacey H

Thank you for your feedback. We are surprised to hear that you didn't think it was good for toddlers, as we have a toddler area, which lots of toddlers enjoy. The pool should be at a temperature of 30 degrees.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Its a fantastic pool, with lots of fun for the whole family, including flumes and slides. Great time had by all!!

Thank you for your five star review. We are glad you and your family had fun and hope to see you again!