We have just returned from a fri-mon stay at Hendra and what a lovely time we had ! We were kind of dreading it after a very cold miserable stay at devon cliffs in march but this was the total opposite ! As i checked in i was told we had been upgraded , how very kind of you hendra ! when we opened the door to our perran range caravan we couldnt of been happier, so clean and modern with CENTRAL HEATING !! ( after our cold stay on our march holiday we were very happy to see heating !!) and proper sofas !! which were sooo comfy ! There was a nice large shower which was a great temp ! and lots of storage space throughout the caravan ! When we return again we will be booking the perran to ensure we get those lovely comforts again.
The swimming pool was excellent, my 2 year old had recently lost confidence in the water, but this holiday seemed to have re-vamped her again ! she loved the whale and crab ! and liked the fact it was nice and shallow to paddle about !
The train ride was a really nice touch for the kids- be up nice and early for it !!
I really liked the terrace for a morning coffee and pastry whilst my husband took our daughter in the arcades, it was nice and chilled sat there !
The Nisa shop was well stocked and the food on sight was good value.
My only niggle and the reason i havnt given 5 stars was the evening entertainment !! It was rubbish !! the first night there we got dressed up and headed down to the tavern bar about 5.30 for tea to be nice and early for the kids entertainment in the caberet bar at 630. We ate our tea which was very nice and made our way upstairs to be told that the kids entertainment was being held in the tavern bar , we were very confused as we had just come from there and there didnt seem to be much going on, we went back downstairs and realised they did infact have a member of the entertainments team there , but he was just stood there playing music, henry came in for a visit but there was no energy from the entertainment team to get things goings, so we left and went back to the caravan for a quiet night with my daughter constanly saying 'whens the party going to start!' ( we had stupidly told her there would be some great kids entertainment with lots of dancing !) we didnt bother going down the the tavern bar in the evening for the next two nights.
But other than the disappointment of the evening entertainment the rest of our stay was faultless ! will definatly return !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An double GOLD award winning family owned and run holiday park for families and couples. Five Star rated facilities include the Oasis Fun indoor and outdoor Fun Pools complex, which includes three fabulous water flumes, river rapid ride, water cannon, geyser, fountains, waterfall, 30m pool and toddlers' pool. New for 2017 - Henry’s Play Loft - Slide, roll, climb and wriggle. Jump, bounce, swing and giggle! Our super new indoor play centre for children under 10 years, with a seated area for adults, and drinks and snacks available. Accommodation includes six ranges of holiday caravans from budget to premium, Platinum range and lodge style caravans. A range of touring, camping and motorhome pitches plus camping pods, all set in landscaped parkland of 80 acres, on rural countryside within minutes of the town beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and PitchUp so you can book your Hendra Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hendra Holiday Park Hotel Newquay
- Hendra Holiday Park Newquay, Cornwall