“Love it”

DairyLand Farm World
Ranked #15 of 63 things to do in Newquay
More attraction details
Owner description: Dairyland Farm World, near Newquay, Cornwall offers a fantastic adventure park to suit all ages. From slides to the nature trail, tractor rides and pony rides, to milking the cows, feeding our animals and touring our museums. A visit to our fun farm promises a great value family day out! If the weather's not so good, don't dispair! - Dairyland offers a whole host of family fun all under cover including The Bull Pen - our Massive Indoor play centre, Tour the milking parlour and take part in the milking of the cows, our interesting and factual farm museums where you can explore Cornish farm life throughout the ages and not forgetting Clarabelle's kitchen café with our wide range of great value food and drink.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Every time we get down to Cornwall we make a point of visiting DairyLand Farm World. They often have multi-day tickets so we can go a couple of times during our visit. There is so much for the kids to do. Never gets boring.

1  Thank Nancy B

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I attend the Dairyland Bull Park on a regular basis with my 2 children, we live locally and it is a nice treat for the kids. To my horror I recently found they started charging for adults to enter. To go as a family of four it usually costs £11.90 but I went on sun 24 feb 13 and they wanted to charge £24.00. On principle and the expense we turned around and went away, found an alternative place for half the price. Surely at a time like this, where people are struggling to cope financially as a result of the recession why double the price. All they have succeeded in doing is losing customers. When adults get in free to watch over their children they still spend their money on food and drink as they are not allowed to take their own. There should be a happy medium, no charge for adults. My children were very disappointed on this day especially as they were meeting friends and family, I too was disappointed with this and dairyland who forget where the money comes from, the loyal local customers all year round when the summer tourist season has passed!!!

2  Thank Christol123
DairyLandNewquay, Manager at DairyLand Farm World, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Hi there, thank you very much for reviewing DairyLand Farm World, it's fantastic to hear feedback from our visitors.

We are sorry that when you visited DairyLand on Sunday 24th February 2013 you were not happy with the £24.00 entry cost. This price was a result of our Half Term opening arrangements, which sees the whole Park open the week of Half Term and both weekends, so visitors are unable to pay for just The Bull Pen.

We held a special promotion throughout Half Term which saw £6 entry per person for unlimited entry for the whole week.

We hope that this has been helpful and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went here over the half term break with my two granddaughters and they loved it. Plenty to keep them entertained for a few hours. They loved the pony rides and of course the indoor soft play area with all the slides. At times I did wonder who was enjoying it all more - the two little ones or the two fathers?

Loved the fact they offered free entry for the rest of half term as that just added to what we thought was aready great value for money.

1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Felt it was under managed with few animals to see. Really just felt like someone wanted to make a few quid quick and stuck a trampoline in the place. AVOID!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

My kiddywinkies love Dairyland. And when I say "love", I mean, they sometimes actually pretend they're there when at home. It's bonkers, but I understand it.

If I said that it's basically part of a working farm with various examples of livestock, some random old agricultural machinery (interesting nonetheless), child-worn play areas and some well-fed poultry, it would be broadly accurate and also sound a bit off-putting. But children can't get enough of it, and as a daddy, I have learned to like the place too. In fact, I sometimes get all maudlin envisaging the day when my little poppets outgrow it. It will be like theme park bereavement.

It's arguably my son who adores it the most, mainly on account of his obession with tractors. But both he and my daughter enjoy rounding the day off with a session in the indoor play area (variety of slides and lots of harrassed mums).

As a result, we go several times a year. And while they still want to spend the day there, I'm happy with every moment (including going around a small track on modified mobility scooters).

2  Thank absenteethoughtlord