Porth Lodge Hotel
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$78
$75
$70
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$80
$63
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbowling alleyten pin bowlingtable football and poolminute walk from the beachpleasant stayfull english breakfastnice breakfasta lovely place to stayroom was clean and comfortablecoastal pathenjoyed our stayfamily roomgreat holidaytown centreyogurtcarolcider
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Lovely hotel, nice location, short walk to the beach, ideal with car, just few minutes into Newquay town, the room was nice, comfy bed, and en-suite shower, large car park at rear of hotel, (it has a 4 lane full size bowling ally!!!!) which is fun, stayed there 3 nights, and the full english breakfast was great, a proper cooked breakfast. the hotel is a pleasant and relaxing place to stay, staff are very nice and you get what you pay for and nice room and breakfast, B & B, Excellent value for the money and ideal to get to Porth Beach, which is a great beach, in car to Newquay town a few mins, walking id say bout 30mins, Me and the girlfriend liked the place, we stayed with other family there two, and we all said it was a nice small hotel, great breakfast and just what we needed, location, room and food, many thanks to the staff :-)

Room Tip: room 10 was nice
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A bit of a last minute plan but based on other peoples reviews I chose to stay here for 3 nights with my teenage son. We had a great time. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Our room was a twin with ensuite facilities. The beds were very comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean and nicely equipped.. It was in a great location with a short walk to Porth Beach. You can cut across the coast path from there to Newquay and there is a handy Tesco Express on the way there.
I chose this hotel for its location as it is only a couple of miles from Watergate Bay which is a fabulous beach for surfers and bodyboarders.
I would definitely stay here again. The breakfasts were fantastic; cereals, yoghourts, full english, fruit juice, nice hot toast and as much tea or coffee as you wanted. If I had one minor criticism it would be to say that the shower pressure in my room was not great but that was the only down side. It was a great stay.

Room Tip: Perhaps it might be worth asking about the shower pressure as it may be different in other rooms. My room (15) was very quiet though and the only noise was from the seagulls!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have agonised long and hard over this review.
I'm going to start with the excellents

Staff - they are happy to interact, but inobtrusive
Food - Exceptional Quality, Extremely good value, Fantastic choice
Location - for me, on business, it was great to be away from the centre and it was still extremely easy to commute around Cornwall

Now I'm a great believer in "You Get what You Pay For". I paid £40 per night B&B in the height of the season in Newquay. Therefore I did not expect 5 star surroundings
I was pleasantly surprised
While the room I was in could do with redecoration, that's not really what I'm interested in. A comfy (medium firm mattress) bed and a stable network connection in my room are all I want.
I got the bed, but not so much the network on the first night. the second night I had no such problems

I would definitely consider staying again, on business or on pleasure. If you are looking for a perfectly decorated room and surroundings, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a comfortable hotel with very pleasant staff and EXCELLENT VALUE food, this is the place for you - There's even a bowling alley if the weather turns in on you - what more could you want

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Spend a week at the Porth Lodge and enjoyed every minute. It is the perfect location to be away from the crowds and party goers, but only took us about 30 minutes to walk into the centre of Newquay. The plus is that it was only a 5 minute walk to a great beach (Porth beach) and this is where the kids always wanted to go. The hotel is nice. Its not the most luxurious, but if you want clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation then this is your best option. Be warned though to close your drapes as if you walk outside you can see into some rooms. A nice place to spend a relaxing seaside vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mumin M
Reviewed July 23, 2012

A fantastic find, the food was second to none, try the cheeseboard, the best we have had.
The staff were great, the service was the best. They made us very welcome including our little Westie. We will definitly be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple