“Lovely experience with a great setting”

Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Cornwall
Ranked #22 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Overlooking the beach with exceptional views across Watergate Bay, our restaurant offers a unique blend of exceptional Italian influenced food, knowledgeable, friendly service and an inspiring commitment to making a difference in young people’s lives. Head Chef Adam Banks works closely with our trusted local suppliers whose passion and dedication to growing and rearing high quality produce is celebrated in the innovative dishes he creates. Since his arrival in May 2017, Adam’s considered approach to cooking and nose to tail ethos has been encouraging our chefs to make the most of this produce, whilst encouraging them to ferment, pickle, preserve and cleverly use every edible part of our beautiful ingredients. All the profits from Fifteen Cornwall go to its registered charity, Cornwall Food Foundation and together they manage Jamie Oliver’s award-winning Apprentice Programme as well as other community food programmes run by the charity.
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We booked dinner at Fifteen and had the tasting menu, at £58 a head it's not cheap but it was worth it. The menu is a little perplexing at first, we eat out alot but there were things on there that we had never heard of, luckily our waitress explained everything and was not pretentious in any way.
We had the most perfect table right by the window and we had a gorgeous view of the sunset. The restauarant had a really nice vibe and was busy and bustling. The food was totally delicious, my only nit pick was my main - I had the sea bass and the skin was not crispy as advertised on the menu! Other than that I couldn't fault it!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,372)

Reviewed April 18, 2011

We had the taster menu at Fifteen and on of our party had the wine taster menu too. The food was beautiful and the service was very informative yet friendly explaining each course so no need to ask about what some things were!! The presentation was fantastic and the flavours built up over the course of the meal. We had a very relaxed evening with good wines, great food, professional service and great company! A brill evening! Yes it is quite expensive but for a treat and for the amazing location on top of the wonderful food - worth it!

Reviewed April 18, 2011

On deciding to come to corwnwall for a summers break with my girlfirend we though it would be a nice idea to have lunch at fifteen. After been told mixed reviews we though that we would give it ago. We booked out table for 12.00 and on arrival we were told that we needed to be out by 2pm which we thought was fair enough. But did not need to be told that as we were been sat down? We shared a platter to start with. Could not fault the produce that was on it.But out main course of pasta came it was tough and over worked.we had this changed and when I returned it was fantasic and met our expectations. but felt the whole experince was over priced the bill came to just under £90 for the 2 of us and we did not have any wine! But as we live in Leeds we tend to go Jamie's Restaurant there and that is a much better experince and half the cost! But most defitaly does not have the fantasic view!

1  Thank Scoobysaddler
Reviewed April 13, 2011

We had visited Fifteen last June and had a superb meal. This year's visit was nowhere near as good. I have no problem with paying for high end food and service but object to paying top prices for a pretty ordinary meal. We had the tasting menu for 4 people and pretty well sampled everything the menu had to offer, I think the nettle gnocchi and the puddings were the best, the vegetarian pancakes were really stogy and the beef fillet although beautifully tender was overpowered by the other herby flavours in the dish. The service was OK, but I wouldn't bother again - instead I would head for The Seafood Restaurant or Nathan Outlaw for a much better Cornish Foodie experience at similar cost.

1  Thank LondonPug2black
Reviewed April 11, 2011

The location is fantastic, easy to access. The food was of a good standard. The service was extremely slow through the whole experience.
I enjoy high end food and have no problem paying a premium. However I could not justify the prices in my opinion overpriced due to having a celeb name attached... this is Cornwall not London!

1  Thank Jet34