“Very happy customers!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mousehole
Old Coastguard Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Mousehole B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2010

The hotel is located in a fantastic position overlooking Mounts Bay and our Premium room offered stunning panoramic views. A couple of minutes walk into Mousehole village and about 10 minutes by car, from the nearest large village, the hotel is close to local amenities. The room was incredibly comfortable (especially the bed!) and was presented to high standard. For me the best part of our stay was dinner. Although we had to wait quite a while to be seated we didn't mind at all as the food was well worth the wait. I had the Brill which just as it's name suggests! The only criticism we had was that the 2 waiting staff were kept incredibly busy and therefore it was a while before our plates were cleared between courses. Service however, was very good ; attentive but not obtrusive. A big thumbs up!
I had such a good nights sleep and only wished that breakfast ran a little later then 9.30am so that I could spend a little longer in that wonderful bed! I would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to re visit in the future.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 14, 2010

I stayed one night in this hotel on a business trip. My room was spacious and comfortable. I opened my window in the evening and enjoyed the cool sea breeze. We walked down the street to a nice pub and had a meal and then I took a walk along the rocks on the beach. The village of Mousehole was accessed by a narrow almost one lane road. It's secluded and beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Had a lovely stay here, great location, great views and well appointed restaurant. Really put off by the 'deposit' policy (they take full payment of first night upon booking). Would definately recommend staying here, but next time would like it to be like staying anywhere else - take a credit card number in advance, but don't charge on booking - payment should be taken at check out!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
StunningCornwall, Owner at Old Coastguard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2010

I have taken on board your comments and have changed the deposit policy to be in line with other hotels in this area.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

Not only is the hotel extremly over priced but the hotel is in a fishing village and what a surprise no fish on the menu we had frozen chips and a dip which surly anyone can stick fries in a a deep fat fryer. We thought things couldnt get worse but then we woke to find we had NO HOT WATER NO HEATING. Please dont risk this hotel when there are other lovely hotels i.e Hotel penzance or The Mount Haven.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank holidaylover123york
StunningCornwall, owner at Old Coastguard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2010

Dear reader, I have reason to regard this report with deep suspicion for reasons as follows.
Like-for -like our room rates are less, or no more than, other hotels in the area of the same calibre.
Seafood chowder and crab linguine were always on the menu before January and fresh fish a feature on the menu, weather permiting, (storms stop fishermen fishing!) Sadly, Mousehole, though lovely, is no longer a fishing village. All our day-caught fish comes from Newlyn, just 2 miles along the coast. Our ultra high quality, yes frozen, French Fries with skin on are so popular they have a fan club all of their own.
Regarding the hot water and heating issue, regretably there was one incident regarding the hot water which can happen in any hotel. Please note, NOT THE HEATING. The issue was dealt with on an emergency basis and rectified.
Customer feedback within the hotel is uniformly excellent.

Reviewed December 29, 2009

We popped in here for a drink after visiting the Mousehole Christmas lights (which were wonderful). I had visited the coastguard for dinner a few years ago and it was great. It now looks a bit dated. The toilets were just grubby, having the appearance of a rough pub loo. The odd looking menus were misspelt and the wine was not good. As I went to purchase a replacement wine I was told by the person serving that I had to wait because she had to go to speak to someone in the kitchen. Whilst waiting I was verbally abused by a drunk local for not being "from around these parts". Charming. I wont be going back or responding to small talk at bars in the future.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

The toilets were refurbished in January. We now have a superb new restaurant manager who knows his wines. The unfortunate episode of misspelt menus and below-par service has been put right.
I am sorry you found the restaurant a bit dated as it was refurbished last October and customers tell me that they think that it, and the atmosphere, is stunning.
I am afraid I have no control over what some locals say (who should know better), but as one, I wish to extend the warmest of welcomes,always, to everyone.

Reviewed December 18, 2009

Our party of seven stayed for one night to visit the Mousehole Christmas lights and celebrate a family birthday. All 4 rooms were very nicely appointed and the ones with a little terrace would be super in warmer weather! We arrived in the dark so didn't appreciate the "wow" factor of the sea facing rooms until the next morning. The restaurant has not been open for long I gather - again taking full advantage of the views. Also there are lots of easy chairs to relax in and enjoy a morning coffee or pre-dinner drink.Our evening meal and breakfast were both very nice and all the staff were friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2009

The hotel was near enough perfect. The location and views have to be seen to be believed. Incredibly friendly atmosphere and the staff were attentive without being over the top. The rooms are lovely and again those views. We can't wait to go back. The owner is a lovely women who is doing a fantastic job and we wish her success.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mousehole
2 mi away
Old Success Inn
Old Success Inn
#1 of 1 in Sennen Cove
Tregenna Castle Resort

Been to Old Coastguard Hotel? Share your experiences!