“Waste of money”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
“Waste of money”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Lovely looking building and garden with plenty of character however very dissapointed with pricing, my wife and I had a glass of very expensive average quality wine and left as the quality of the food did not appear to match the prices stated.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank Stewart J

Towcester, United Kingdom
“A total waste of time”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Arrived at Tremayne at around 1.30pm and were told that we'd have to wait for '10 minutes' for our order to be taken as it was 'very busy' - considering it was lunch time we thought ok fair enough and sat down. We waited patiently for around 15 minutes when we were told our order would be taken shortly, we waited and waited and eventually after half an hour a lady came over to take our order. What made this all the more frustrating was that the whole time she was serving the other 3 tables in the restaurant (not a hugh number considering it was lunchtime but perhaps this should have been a sign!), taking over bills, taking payments etc. - we clearly weren't important enough to warrant serving until she was ready. I still don't really understand why we weren't at least offered a drink as goodness knows how long they'd have made us wait for the actual food!

While waiting we had plenty of time to peruse the very limited looking and rather expensive menu. When our order was eventually taken my Husband asked for a Latte and I asked for a House Rose (£5.20 per glass) and a glass of tap water - I was immediately told the tap water would be 50 pence and asked 'do you still want it?'. As I was thirsty after waiting so long to be served I had no choice but to say yes but was shocked as have never ever been asked to PAY FOR TAP WATER but baring in mind the last sentence on the menu was 'Service not included!' I think it sums up the fact that this place clearly uses every opportunity to make money from it's customers, I wouldn't be surprised if they charged customers for using the toilet. Fair enough mention that service isn't included but is there any need to include the exclamation mark?

I then attempted to order a Cornish Pasty and was told they had sold out so we decided enough was enough - not only had been been left waiting to even order for half an hour, they were trying to charge us for tap water, the other menu options were not inspiring but expensive and we would have had to wait even longer for our actual food, we cut our loses and left and enjoyed one of Jessie's Dairy's Pasty's on the harbour.

We wasted half an hour of our lives in Tremayne - please don't do the same! Having read some of Tremayne's reviews on their accommodation, it was interesting to note the owners comment on one of the negative reviews, saying it must have been a competitor - an odd response to a customers comment and which clearly sums up their attitude towards them.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank ChunkyChicken
“Half the menu was missing..”
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Lied to my wife regarding other options and insisted the other option was to return to Penzance. Then produced some awful scones and charged a full price for them.

5 Thank Ben T
Cheshire, United Kingdom
“The worst sandwich ever”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Stopped at this pleasant looking cafe to sit outside and have a sandwich. Ordered crab baguettes £8.95 each. Terrible chewy bread, not a crusty baguette, with the tiniest smear of crab inside. Complained to the waiter who did nothing. The biggest rip off ever.

• Visited September 2011