“Great Lunch Stop”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We walked the coast path to Mousehole (pronounced Mouzzle) and toured this lovely village before stopping at 2 Fore Street for lunch. This a fine cozy place with good food and drink, quite creative in its offerings. There is a patio out back which can be enjoyed on a sunny day. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. Their dinners are supposed to be equally good. I would say this restaurant, located at an intersection off the seaside road, is worth the walk to town by itself, but the walk is lovely also, so enjoy both - views and good food.

1  Thank Roamin88
Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Wow , having grown up in Cornwall all i can say is these places were not here 10 years ago. Im a regular traveller to europe and the far east and have never eaten seafood of such quality....Scallops were sensational, we choose to eat here on both nights in Mousehole , at the weekend and not booking in advance was well worth the wait. The staff were top quality also. Excellent value.

2  Thank cornish-scrumpy
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were short of time and requested a quick lunch. Both our dishes arrived promptly, beautifully cooked. The crab linguine was succulent, with several large pieces of claw-meat and just the right balance of pasta to sauce; the Mousehouse mackerel was served with a lovely selection of beautifully-dressed leaves. Good wine is available by the glass and the waiting staff were welcoming and professional. In short, a delightful light lunch in a lovely village.

2  Thank Oscar R
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us while we were on holiday in the area. Steak was cooked to perfection & desserts yummy - the cheese board was fab. Decor good but very cramped. Tables were far too close together, the staff struggled to squeeze between them. Not the sort of place you'd go for a romantic dinner!!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went with the family and thought the restaurant was fantastic. The decor was pleasant, the view from out window seating was gorgeous and the service prompt friendly and welcoming. Even though it was next to the harbour and I naturally felt that I should have been dining on one of their fish dishes I was won over by the sound of their steak. I'm glad I went with this choice as it was one of the best steaks I have ever had the trimmings were also very well cooked and complemented the steak and the wine perfectly. We had a very pleasing bottle of red which I think was a South African named wolf trap? I would recommend it!

1  Thank Samuel S