“John F-Harrogate”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having eaten at the sail loft previously on holiday, we booked a table online on their website. Don't trust the online booking system for this restaurant!!!We booked dinner for New Year's Eve and had it confirmed with a confirmation number only to find out the restaurant was full. It's just as we'll we rang before we travelled otherwise we would have been stood on the doorstep with no meal. I then called and spoke to the owner who would not help me find an alternative even although the issue firmly lay with them. I asked if she could help me find another restaurant by ringing round but she merely redirected me to an online I directory of restaurants in Looe to ring around myself. Not helpful.

3  Thank Forsyth1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,081)

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were fortunate enough last weekend to be treated to a meal at this fabulous restaurant. There was a welcoming atmosphere with lights shining out onto the harbour path to guide us into the pretty property. Crisp linens, attractive tables and a menu to drool over. Staff were attentive and friendly. The food? Outstanding! We will definitely return.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Another wonderful meal here. Staff are great and the food is wonderful and very reasonable. You must book for the weekends as can get very busy. Will be back when next in looe!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant on the last evening as part of a stay in Looe. We both had the set menu 2 courses for £15 which was great value and was not disappointed with the taste of the food. The staff and service was excellent, we had a table upstairs over looking the harbour which was lovely. Hope to make a return visit :-).

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Cosy downstairs with candles like a living room had 2course Bistro meal for £15 had John Dory fillets and lovely sauce in a mini Kilmer jar and a trifle beautifully presented in a killer jar ,will visit again !