“Love Looe!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Looe
Parkdean - Looe Bay Holiday Park
Ranked #12 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Looe
Cramlington, England, United Kingdom
“Love Looe!”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Having travelled from Newcastle to Cornwall we left very early and got to the caravan site @ 10am, we thought we would have to wait untill 4pm but they said we could have the keys earlier, so we walked to Looe (not advised for young kids!) and when we got back we got our keys. Caravan was great, Polperro caravan we stayed at. We didn't reall stay on site for most of the holiday as we had the car and travelled to Polperro, Newquay etc. Park was very quiet at the night time (we did go when the kids were at school). We also had a takeaway leaflet through our caravan which we did order on one of the nights.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
nantwich
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have just got back from Looe Bay holiday park. I booked the caravan direct with the owner so paid a good price & it was spotless with lovely outside decking. I would recommend this park especially with its close proximity to Looe town which was gorgeous, although the car parking fees did start to mount up. The site does need some updating as things were looking dated & tired and the swimming pool could do with a good clean. The kids entertainers were great and as we have a 3 & 6 year old we didn't manage to stay up late enough to see any of the adult entertainment. We only ate in the restaurant once and found it average but uninspiring. The customer service wasn't great in there, with the waiting staff not seeming particularly bothered. The shop was convenient but pricey.

Room Tip: Book private off ukcaravans4 hire.co.uk. We paid £490 for a week in August!
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have stayed at 7 Parkdean sites and this was the most disappointing. We had the most expensive caravan on site, apparently 'new for 2012' and it was smelly and damp. I had to re-clean the bathrooms and buy air fresheners to improve the smell. If you like to party the night away then this is the park for you, however, if you have small children/pensioners in your party who would prefer to got to bed before 1.30am then forget it-there was no chance of us getting any sleep until the Sundowner club disco ended for the night. The end time was variable, anywhere between midnight and 1.15am and the noise was so loud in our van that we were unable to sleep before then. The entertainment area looks dated, it s in great need of a refurbishment. The local area is great though, Looe and Polperro are lovely, but I would not stay here again, very poor by our previous experience of Parkdean.

Room Tip: Request a quiet location and take some antibacterial wipes with you!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have been going to Looe bay holiday since 2007 and I love it!
It was brilliant when Matthew was the entertainments manager but Amy is doing a great job too.
Each time we go to Looe bay I want to go back again.. I'm doing a work experience this October at Looe bay and I feel privileged that I have got this chance to perform as a trouper here for the week and hopefully in a couple of years I will get to work here if I'm good enough :)..
Love it..
Best holiday park I've been to!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Firstly im gutted that we paid full price when it seemed the rest of the site were on a newspaper holiday. Swimming pool was boring and changing facilities awful. Evening entertainment poor compared to Haven and troopers (apart from one guy) couldnt really be bothered by the looks of them. Couldnt ever get a table in the restaraunt so can't comment. Badly understaffed throughout the whole site. The only nice people were the shop staff. The area however was wonderful (Looe,polperro,fowey) all worth a visit and Eden project is fab. Caravan was ok,we stayed in a lanreath (2 bedroom) very small and beds extremely uncomfortable (we dreaded going to bed). Wouldnt stay with parkdean again im afraid.

1 Thank joharry25
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here for a week and have just come back.

We had a fantastic time here, for a basic caravan it was clean and tidy and was a very good base. The entertainment staff were brilliant and the reception and shop staff were lovely and definately need a mention.

However, the main facilities need work, the place is very tired looking and needs a coat of something, and tbh its not the cleanest of places. One of our party is now on antibiotics because the changing facilities in the pool were so filthy (poo on the floor) and his foot is now infected.

Additionally the restuarant was a huge disappointment, we booked a table for 7.15 was told that the previous people were over running and once seated 45 mins later, it took 20 mins for someone to take our order, another 20 mins on top to get our drinks and then we didnt get our food until 9.00 (we would have walked out however, it was raining so felt we were completely stuck)

The main problem was the complete lack of staff, and I really feel for the staff that are there because the end up running round like headless chickens doing 4 or 5 jobs.

However, I would return to Looe Bay as we had a very good time here ignoring all the problems

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a week late July and we really needed a holiday. Our children are 7 and one is nearly 3. Of course anything to do with Lizzy and Sid, staff dressed up in the mascots outfits, and the kids loved it, as kids do. The evening entertainment for the kids was good, or rather it was good for the kids, as parents we were cringing a few times. I have to say the evening entertainment for the kids ends quite abruptly at around 8pm (6.30pm to 8pm) and then it's BINGO TIME! I hate Bingo! But some people like it I guess but the thing is you've had your kids running around and playing with their little disco thing too and then all of a sudden everyone has to be quiet for Bingo! You try telling my girls to shush after they've been having fun for an hour or so. Daytime activities were at best a bit of an effort, it felt like the staff really didn't want to be there during the day. The pool is a little small in comparison to the park itself and can feel crowded quickly. The location was quite good though as Looe itself is a five minute drive away and is such a lovely little place, not too big that you feel lost, but not too small that you feel you've seen it all in a day. The beach was nice and clean and not too overcrowded and the bay area itself is home to some nice little shops and a couple of nice places to eat too. We liked Looe and will return one day but not with Parkdean. There are a few great attrractions close by and you'll not be stuck for something to do. There was an animal sanctuary place but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it...something beginning with a "P" but is no more than a 20 min drive from the park and was great with animals pottering around in the public areas...the roads to it were a little narrow and a tad worrying sometimes lol. We ate in the restaurant twice, once on the first night and once on the last, simply because we were lazy and didn't want to go out. First time the food was pretty naff to be honest, the kids meals were simply what you'd make at home on a lazy night, fishfingersand chips etc etc. I had a chilli burger which was okay but everything else was cold, my partner had a lamb shank with what appeared to be tinned vegtables. The second visit was pretty much more of the same. Two adult, two kids, mains and a pint, a wine and the kids drinks came with their meals was around £40 give or take.

We stayed in a very small caravan, when I say small I actually mean tiny. One of those where you have to cling to the wall to work your way around the beds. Kitchen area was cramped but workable, living area again was small but not so much that we couldn't sit down and chill out.
But the beds! Way too small and I have to say the mattress we slept on must have been at least ten years old. It was lumpy and where there weren't any lumps there was no support. It was honestly so uncomfortable we would have been better on one of those foam mats you sleep on in a tent. The bedding was very grubby and hardly fitted the beds, whereas the duvet was again really old and lumpy. I have never seen a lumpy duvet before but there you go. It was all just very tired and would benefit from an overhaul. Oh and watch out for the earwigs too. My partner said she had been bitten a few times by god knows what, but she put it down to pets being allowed, meaning possibly fleas, although I wasn't bitten. The caravan/beds really did spoil it all to be honest, it may sound silly but they were just so bad.

Ladies in the park shop were lovely and always happy to suggest things to do and help. The little playground was okay too, the kids loved it but kids do lol. Pool too small really. Crazy golf, hmm not really much cop.

Would I go there again?
No, I wouldn't. But I would goback to Looe itself but not staying at this caravan park.

Room Tip: Go for a bigger (more expensive) caravan and spend your time in Looe itself.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family