“Happy Halloween at looe bay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parkdean - Looe Bay Holiday Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Looe
Parkdean - Looe Bay Holiday Park
Ranked #13 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Looe
“Happy Halloween at looe bay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We decided to book halfterm with parkdean as they were the cheapest.after booking I looked through tripadvisor -this made me really worried about my choice! When we arrived I was really pleased -the wooded location was great! After checking in we nervously went to our Downderry caravan -it was very modern -clean and well equipped-the central heating was so good we had to turn it of! The troopers were fantastic -they work so hard to entertain the children! The kids clubs /crafts and activities were great -my girls 2yrs and 5yrs loved them and looked forward to the evening discos! Halloween the park made a huge effort -all staff from troopers to bar staff were dressed up -in the evening they transformed the showroom into a Halloween extravaganza! All children dressed up got to go on stage and also got sweets! If you dont like caravans/holiday camp entertainment /joiniing in /discos /noise then this isnt for you -but if you love those things and FUN! Then try looebay!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank wiblies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Booked using the Sun coupons which I suppose for what we paid around £120 for the weekend with the extras added on for a family of 2 adults and 2 children was ok. How they manage to get away with what Parkdean charge I really dont know. The caravan itself was ok in size for us, but the smell of stale sweat and cigarette smoke when you opened the door was disgusting. The van was cleaned on the surface, but the shower needed a deep clean. Lovely hot water and there was central heating which was welcomed as it was very cold. The mattresses on all beds definately needed replacing as did the pillows. As for the park itself it really could do with a makoever. Kids play area was ok. Didnt use the pool so cant comment. Entertainment was very good and the team did a good job to keep everyone entertained. One person in the team stood out her name is Lois and what a fantastic voice she has. Drinks at the bar were overpriced but they always are in places like these.

I think Parkdean really need to review their prices for accommodation if they are going to leave the park as it is, but in my opinion it really does need a revamp especially as far as the accommodation is concerned.

Would I go again, definately to Looe/Polperro stunning area, to Looe Bay very doubtful until it has an revamp.

Room Tip: We stayed in caravan 177 the location was great, get some air freshner before going in and cleaning...
3 Thank melc36
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights during October. The overall site is looked after well however needs a bit updating with the decor. The caravan was also smaller compared to other Parkdean sites for 4 people (2 adults and 2 children) was a squash.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank duesouth2345
burton on trent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We spent the weekend here just for a break Yes this place is a bit dated but its got wit it says on the tin could do with upgrading facilities are good the indoor pool is warm and clean the caravans fir a group of 4 is adequate its got everything you need they do get cold but the heatin do work they could do with upgrading but I think if you upgrade u get a better caravan
All in all a good weekend

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank anthony b
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Having previously stayed at some *unnamed* competitor sites, I was very pleased with our long weekend at Looe Bay. The caravan was clean, large (extra wide), well equipped and warm and comfortable, despite poor weather at night. We stayed in a two bedroom caravan, and had two single wardrobes and a chest of drawers in the double room with still plenty of room to walk about, which was a first for me.The caravan could have done with a few new frying pans but that would be my only suggestion! Staying on a "Sun" holiday, I was glad the Holiday park took the opportunity to upgrade us from a basic caravan - afterall, in off season, it just makes marketing sense to assign people the best available. My family of 4, with two boys, 3 and 10 had a great time. An indoor softplay area was the youngest's highlight and the elder was in the pool most of the time. The pool is basic, no fancy waterslides, etc but kid's liked it and it wasn't very busy, being October. The changerooms needed a bit of work and the pool was a bit deep for toddlers though. The clubhouse was clean, not too overwhelming with the arcade madness and the children's entertainment was enjoyable; we didn't stay for the cabaret. We drove to the picturesque village and beach of Looe, but you could probably walk with older children. Approaching the end of season, some parts of the holiday park could do with a bit of a touch up, ie; the outdoor mini golf course and the mascot's play houses and perhaps the ripped carpet (and very strange odour) in the toilet near the lounge might be fixed up. Overall, I was pleased with the site and impressed with the caravan. As a bonus, after a long drive down to arrive on the Friday evening to arrive about 7pm, a local Chinese take-away will deliver directly to your caravan door, which was suggested by the friendly and helpful woman on reception!

Room Tip: We stayed in #102! It was a close walk to everything and not near a main road.
1 Thank kickinkate
swansea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. Caravan was comfortable and clean enough. The clubhouse was typical of a holiday park but we didn't avail ourselves of the entertainment just had a few drinks in the bar.
The site has all you need for a family holiday and is just a couple of minutes drive from Looe village, it would have been nice to walk to the village but the road has no paths , is bendy and fairly busy so could be quite treacherous for walkers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Swan2555
Somerset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Looe bay Parkdean Holiday Park.

What can I say? Well a few things actually...

Lets kick this off with Swaggerman.

Swaggerman as we liked to call him with his shaved head and stubble covered face would patrol the Amusements feeling very important. Swinging his key chain round and generally looking like some type of kinky jailer.

During day one and a game of pool with my son we found the white ball accidently potted but not returned. I stood outside Swaggermans pit for at least five minutes without show. Feeling fed up I asked a member of staff who was on patrol that proceeded to find El’Swagger outside having a crafty fag.

On his smelly return he marched past me just saying “what’s up?” and looking like he wanted me dead. He did get the ball eventually but can’t say he looked too impressed.

On returning from our walk to Looe bay we stood in amazement as he drove rally style out of the establishment engine screaming/exhaust roaring in his chavy car, looking all impressed with himself. Obviously off to some important board meeting or drop off, whatever.. Now I see why the park leaflet had instructions for children on how to safely cross the road..

Swaggerman, they give you the red top for a reason. Ever seen Star Trek?

Entertainment.

Congratulations to the plump blonde guy who went balls out to impress the kids at the park with his all out tacky showmanship. The highlight being the evening he sang and danced on stage. I could only compare it to a one legged Lady Gaga in a neck brace having an asthma attack. “Don’t stop believing” he bellowed out, believe me mate, I couldn’t..

The magician was amazing. He managed to make the entire audiences expectations spectacularly disappear within seconds.

Quick hello to the drunk man at the bar who started an argument with me for asking to watch the Newcastle UTD game that they had been advertising as showing since we had been there. He actually thought I should ask him nicely to watch it! LOL! Man up guys behind the bar who were afraid to switch over the cricket. Just disregard the fact that people had turned up to watch the match THAT YOU ADVERTISED AS SHOWING!!!!

Highlight was the security guard who genuinely was the nicest guy I spoke to apart from maybe the QPR fan behind the bar who still managed a joke after they were beaten earlier that day.

The caravan was actually very nice and very tidy. The site was perhaps a little small. The people in the shop seemed very nice, perhaps a little too nice. I was slightly concerned her smile was hiding the fact she was holding a concealed weapon under the kiosk just wishing she could use it on me.

Overall good holiday.

11 Thank Colin R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Looe
Talland Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Morval
Trelawne Manor Holiday Park
Tencreek Holiday Park
Pentire Haven Holiday Park

Been to Parkdean - Looe Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!