“Did the job!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Looe
Parkdean - Looe Bay Holiday Park
Ranked #17 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Looe
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. Caravan was comfortable and clean enough. The clubhouse was typical of a holiday park but we didn't avail ourselves of the entertainment just had a few drinks in the bar.
The site has all you need for a family holiday and is just a couple of minutes drive from Looe village, it would have been nice to walk to the village but the road has no paths , is bendy and fairly busy so could be quite treacherous for walkers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Swan2555

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Looe bay Parkdean Holiday Park.

What can I say? Well a few things actually...

Lets kick this off with Swaggerman.

Swaggerman as we liked to call him with his shaved head and stubble covered face would patrol the Amusements feeling very important. Swinging his key chain round and generally looking like some type of kinky jailer.

During day one and a game of pool with my son we found the white ball accidently potted but not returned. I stood outside Swaggermans pit for at least five minutes without show. Feeling fed up I asked a member of staff who was on patrol that proceeded to find El’Swagger outside having a crafty fag.

On his smelly return he marched past me just saying “what’s up?” and looking like he wanted me dead. He did get the ball eventually but can’t say he looked too impressed.

On returning from our walk to Looe bay we stood in amazement as he drove rally style out of the establishment engine screaming/exhaust roaring in his chavy car, looking all impressed with himself. Obviously off to some important board meeting or drop off, whatever.. Now I see why the park leaflet had instructions for children on how to safely cross the road..

Swaggerman, they give you the red top for a reason. Ever seen Star Trek?

Entertainment.

Congratulations to the plump blonde guy who went balls out to impress the kids at the park with his all out tacky showmanship. The highlight being the evening he sang and danced on stage. I could only compare it to a one legged Lady Gaga in a neck brace having an asthma attack. “Don’t stop believing” he bellowed out, believe me mate, I couldn’t..

The magician was amazing. He managed to make the entire audiences expectations spectacularly disappear within seconds.

Quick hello to the drunk man at the bar who started an argument with me for asking to watch the Newcastle UTD game that they had been advertising as showing since we had been there. He actually thought I should ask him nicely to watch it! LOL! Man up guys behind the bar who were afraid to switch over the cricket. Just disregard the fact that people had turned up to watch the match THAT YOU ADVERTISED AS SHOWING!!!!

Highlight was the security guard who genuinely was the nicest guy I spoke to apart from maybe the QPR fan behind the bar who still managed a joke after they were beaten earlier that day.

The caravan was actually very nice and very tidy. The site was perhaps a little small. The people in the shop seemed very nice, perhaps a little too nice. I was slightly concerned her smile was hiding the fact she was holding a concealed weapon under the kiosk just wishing she could use it on me.

Overall good holiday.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
11  Thank Colin R
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed for a long weekend at the end of September 2012. The caravan we were allocated 078 was very worn and the upholstery and carpets were filthy !
We certainly did not want to walk barefoot about the van. In hindsight we should have brought some throws with us to put over the upholstery. The bathroom had a smell of stale urine about it no matter how much cleaning was done. Generally throughout the van there was mould and mildew here there and everywhere plus numerous thick cobwebs.
The park itself is very tired and in dire need of an update with the pool being extra shabby. All a shame really as we are regular customers of Parkdean
Certainly think the name is misleading too as it is nowhere near the bay.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Bouncerbeater
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was a little concerned about our pending holiday to Looe Bay having read some rather scathing reviews on trip adviser, along the lines of the camp in general being somewhat run down and dirty. I felt a little more comfortable when I learnt that our caravan was new for 2012.
On arrival we found our caravan to be, on the whole, pleasant accommodation, although mildew on some curtains and around the frame of the double bed, in such a new caravan, was somewhat alarming. The mattress was clearly older than the caravan and being plastic coated meant it was very firm and slidey. Caravan 110
The first evening we went into the club for the children's entertainment and we were very happy with the staff who, despite there being few children, and all under the age of 5, they never lost enthusiasm and were a pleasure. Bar poorly stocked but again the staff were pleasant.
The outdoor play area for the children was well set up and our son loved it.
However, the pool was a huge let down. I felt a little violated when using the changing rooms, seeing the build-up of hair and scum on the floor and in the drains. They ask you to take your child to the toilet prior to using the pool but there was no toilet paper available, and this was on a Wednesday at around 10am, so not like they had just run out. The pool was a pleasant temperature but there was clearly an issue with the filtration as the water was full of little black flecks of goodness knows what. The painted steel frame of the roof was peeling badly, and the whole place needed an overhaul. We stayed in the water 20 minutes, left and never went back in.
It was the first caravan holiday I have had in many years - apart from ones in our own touring caravan where we use Haven sites - and it will probably be the last Parkdean holiday I will have. The pool really lets the place down.

Room Tip: Take your own pillow and cussioned mattress protector.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LizandAnt1972
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Arrived on Fri 21st sept and stayed for 3 nights,Reception staff were friendly and helpful,We paid £30 extra for our 2 small dogs only to discover that we could not go into any of the onsite facilities with them not even the bar area.We sat outside in the cold and when i went in to purchase drinks closest they had to red wine was just rose (no choice at all). Obviously they didnt want dog owners money !! The caravan was clean on arrival but seemed a little tired in places and as for the mattress we wouldnt give it to our dogs to sleep on !! We had constant backache.we will not be visiting again and would not recommend it to friends or family...

Room Tip: Dont bother !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank robin f
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just returned from a short break at this park, it was OK but not the best caravan park I have stayed at, the caravan was getting shabby, but as is was a newspaper deal I suppose we can't compalin. The check in was good we got there at 13.00 and checked in straight away.

We stayed on camp for the entertainment one night it was titled adult entertainment which was a version of Blankety Blank (went on for to long and was boring!) and then songs from the films we lasted about 15 mins and gave up and went back to the caravan.

We also had a meal in the resturant which was very good but they were very short staffed we gave up waiting for drinks and went and got thyem ourselves from the bar unfortunatley ther was only one person (who I think was new) serving so again we had to wait to be served.

Not the best and don't think I would stay again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mictop
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We just returned from a short family break at Looe Bay Holiday Park. We stayed in a two bedroom caravan. The caravan was absolutely dire. The seating area in the living space was dirty and very well used. The beds were awful, the double bed had a 1 inch thick mattress that was rock hard, I woke up at 3:15 am in agony with my back and almost crippled. The single bedroom had two beds that barely had enough space to walk between them (the room was tiny) again with 1 inch thick rock hard mattresses. We decided to try the pull out bed in the living area, this was stained with rust marks from the bed frame, the mattress was a little softer however still only 1 inch thick. The bed tilted backwards so again another terrible night’s sleep. The overall feeling of the accommodation was dirty and very poorly maintained.

We did not use the pool as again this looked very poorly maintained (not like in the web site photo at all) there was just a pool with nothing else for the kids. It looked dirty and un-cared for.
We ate in the onsite restaurant on the first night. I had fish and chips (to play it safe) however the fish was bordering on burnt and after eating it I felt quite ill. The drink sizes were extremely small, with a glass of lemonade barely enough for two mouthfuls and the smallest bottle of water I have ever seen. The desert was not much better either.

The bar had free Wi-Fi however it was so slow it was almost unusable.

Overall I think my summary would be. Very poorly maintained accommodation that was dirty and extremely uncomfortable. The facilities were also very poorly maintained high priced soft drinks for low volume and poor food in the onsite restaurant. I wouldn’t even entertain using the pool as this looked awful. I would never stay here again and would certainly urge you to consider doing so as well.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Out-and-about-Wales
Also consider these accommodations in or near Looe
Trelaske Hotel & Restaurant
Killigarth Manor Holiday Park
The Snooty Fox
The Snooty Fox
#1 of 1 in Morval

Been to Parkdean - Looe Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!